Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Client Mode problems

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Client Mode problems

I have been trying to set up Client Mode on my ET8500. Setup is Server Vu Duo2 > Client ET8500. Boxes are hard wired Gigabit LAN and are both running 5.2.044. I have previously been using RCSC which always worked pretty well but Client Mode seems a neater solution.

I enter the server details and press Green to save, and am given the message that the GUI needs to restart. I was aware that restarting can take some time whilst bouquets etc are transferred and I do have a large channel list. However, the box never restarts properly and seems to be stuck in a loop. I have tried powering off and back on but the same boot loop. I have tried a fresh flash on the ET8500 with the same results.

Looking at the logs directory, a new debug log is being produced every 50 seconds or so.

I wonder if someone could have a look at one of the logs (attached) and see if there is anything obvious?

Enigma2_debug_2019-07-13_19-09-05.log

Many thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure on logs info as others could answer that,do you have samba running on both boxes [ unsure if revalent ] as both boxes should be strong enough to run client mode.Box ip is correct as you double checked.It does take a number of minutes to import from one box to another and how long was it left to do?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Clabs (13-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Its timed out reading the bouquets .....downloaded 304 of 624 bouquets ....... thats a lot of bouquets!!
    Is that number correct?
    Any chance that you can reduce them down to see if thats the issue.......
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (13-07-19),Clabs (13-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies chaps.

Cactikid - network access between boxes is great - I have shares between boxes so I can watch recorded material from one box to the other.

Twol

I think you might be onto something with the number of bouquets. The Duo2 has a motorised feed and I installed one of the channels lists from this forum and do remember that it was pretty comprehensive (and large!). I will try removing that and installing a more compact channel list and see how I get along.

Cheers, Mark

PS. Any motorised channel list recommendations, anyone?
    Last edited by Clabs; 13-07-19 at 21:49.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clabs For This Useful Post:

cactikid (13-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use vhannibal autosetting 1.4 for my bouquets on 13,19.23.28.2 from plugins feeds.
    Might not be a bad idea to backup your settings if you dont like vhannibal.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Clabs (30-07-19),deltec (14-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just to follow up on this. twol was right on the money - my channel list was stupid large.

I have gone through and deleted lots of stuff I will never need and Client Mode working perfectly now.

Thanks twol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clabs For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-07-19),twol (31-07-19)