Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimo4k not booting

Title
    Thanks

Ultimo4k not booting

Hello,
    Not sure of next steps, advice please.....
    Ultimo4k had started to behave oddly over the last week with regards to the 4tb hard disk. For example when going to recordings they were not there and it reverted to the usb stick. This happened a couple of times and a power cycle fixed it. Also a couple of recordings failed saying it could not find device. I figured the hard drive was on its way out so went to swap it out. In device I formation it only showed the usb stick. I powered the box off and took out the hdd. I tried another hdd and it just clicked. Tried the old hdd back in and again it just clicked. I tried the original hdd in a duo2 and it works fine.
    Sine then I have been unable to boot the Ultimo4k at all. The power light on the front panel just flashes, mostly nothing on the lcd screen very occasional super quick appearance of the Ultimo4k logo. I tried to power up without any external devices attached and without any hdd but no good. I tried a usb flash but it does not get that far. It does not connect to the internet so can’t putty to it to get logs and nothing appears on screen.
    So what I thought was a bad hdd appears to be more. I’m a bit stuck. Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Jeez, how frustrating. I left it over night with the power light flashing and the gui quick flashing- I had earlier watched if to for a couple of hours and nothing - went to work this morning and tried logging in to it and it has booted - im in via putty and can get openwebif console ! It has no hdd attached and no tuners just the lan cable and power I will check it further later but no idea if this is a one off or if i have bigger issues. Any help on where best to start the problem detemrination would be great.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Without logs difficult to know anything. Could be Linux was checking your 4TB HDD.

I'd suggest a new USB re-flash and setup.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Timmo65 (12-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Without logs difficult to know anything. Could be Linux was checking your 4TB HDD.

I'd suggest a new USB re-flash and setup.

Thanks - I will update here with what I find. I tried going through a few logs and dmesg but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Overnight the 4TB hdd was not attached to the box. Its in my duo2 now so I will run a filesystem check on it there
    Last edited by Timmo65; 08-07-19 at 12:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I followed your advice and eventually got it to re-flashed from usb (it was very picky over usb type and even then had to be re-formatted acouple of times). So the box comes up ok with nothing else atatched to it other than lan cable and hdmi - all good. The problem it seems is when any hdd is attached to it. I tried my original 4tb hdd and then reformatted a 250gb ssd and tried that. Same results. When connected internally the device shows as unmounted /dev/sda1 - when going through the Vix mount manager it will not mount it and when changing (right button) to hdd rather than sda it causes a crash. The problem seen bopoting before were I think caused by the same thing having devices attached that it could not mount.
    Advice welcome please.

Crash log attached Enigma2_crash_2019-07-09_00-18-56.logEnigma2_crash_2019-07-09_00-18-56.log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    When you initially flash your receiver from scratch, I would at this point initialise your HDD then Mount it, your receiver will then restart and at this point I would proceed to setup your settings etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Timmo65 (12-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Looked at 1st log.
    You are using a usb hub? is it powered?? - it should be!
    HDD on sda1 is apparently not formatted - I would stick it in a PC and (re-)initialise
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (09-07-19),Timmo65 (12-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Looked at 1st log.
    You are using a usb hub? is it powered?? - it should be!
    HDD on sda1 is apparently not formatted - I would stick it in a PC and (re-)initialise
    Thanks - i'm not using a hub powered or not. I will try reformat again - but obviosuly didn't want to have to do that wit hmy 4tb drive as its full of recordings.
    Last edited by Timmo65; 09-07-19 at 11:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    When you initially flash your receiver from scratch, I would at this point initialise your HDD then Mount it, your receiver will then restart and at this point I would proceed to setup your settings etc.

Thanks - will certainly try this. I was almost going to kick the box out the window and buy another - do you think this is just a software problem or could it actually be a hardware fault ?

Title
    Thanks

Ultimo4k not booting

I think most likely a software issue. If you have full of recordings, then in the plugin feeds install the drivers for NTFS etc.
    As you are trying to mount the HDD, with linux it needs to be Ext 4, but by installing the drivers mentioned above you will be able to mount correctly.

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 09-07-19 at 11:12.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Timmo65 (12-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    it seems all the crash logs just before crash have below message ... but not sure if that is the problem or just where its crashed. Googling like crazy now.

< 208.743> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 37, in finishedCB
    < 208.743> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py", line 501, in add_fstab
    < 208.743> IndexError: list index out of range

Title
    Thanks
    I think most likely a software issue. If you have full of recordings, then in the plugin feeds install the drivers for NTFS etc.
    As you are trying to mount the HDD, with linux it needs to be Ext 4, but by installing the drivers mentioned above you will be able to mount correctly.

OK - thanks will try that. That same 4tb hdd is readable ok in my duo2 and as a worse case I can copy files off and move as needed or view them over a network mount.
    So if i get nfts drivers it should mount as a /dev/sda not hdd then ? I dont really mind just want to get it back working as mrs is killing me. It was odd how it happened in the first place with a few times losing the mount which was fixed by a reboot. Thats why I thought it was the disk on its way out.

Title
    Thanks
    What format is the 4TB HDD currently?

Title
    Thanks
    What format is the 4TB HDD currently?

That disk as seen currently mounted in the duo2 is .... Microsoft basic data format and was working fine for the last couple of years in the ultimo4k

root@vuduo2:~# sfdisk -l
    Disk /dev/sda: 3.7 TiB, 4000787030016 bytes, 7814037168 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: 42FFC7BE-15D8-42D6-8C23-35320F494A8C

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    /dev/sda1 2048 7814035455 7814033408 3.7T Microsoft basic data

mounted as /dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered

and the 250gb ssd currently in the ultimo4k and not mounting is showing as ...........

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    /dev/sda1 2048 468860927 468858880 223.6G Linux filesystem
    Last edited by Timmo65; 09-07-19 at 14:50.

Title
    Thanks
    Morning - still having problems. I eventually got it recognise the /media/hdd by formatting it as EXT4 on a windows box - great I thought. I then got a load more looping boots so removed everything again. Attempts at flashing from 5 different usb sticks inteh front/back did not work. The usb blinked for a second then no message on the panel to update. With nothing plugged in the power button flashes on/off and the gui flashes the vu+ image every 30 seconds or so. I left it for a couple of hours with nothing plugged in to it and when i next checked it was up. It is really unstable and keeps rebooting. I am accessing from remote connection to home network using putty and openwebif. I manged to do a factory reset so will see where I go from there. I've ordered a couple of kingston usbs to see if that helps flashing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast