Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+Solo 4k - Twin turbo tuners - box won't complete boot

FredC

Vu+Solo 4k - Twin turbo tuners - box won't complete boot

Please Help,

I'm trying to add a second Vu+ USB Turbo tuner to my Solo4k, but the box won't come back after rebooting.

I've already got one Turbo tuner in the top USB3 port (just beneath the LAN port), connected to dvb-c.

When I plug a second one and reboot it goes through all the start-up then hangs with the wait spinner going round. The GUI never comes back, though the console is OK to log in to. I've left if for a couple of hours, but it makes no difference.

I've updated to the latest image, but its just the same.

The wierd thing is, it does work if I only re-start the GUI.
    This is how it does work....
    1) Connect the tuner into the second USB3 port and attach a feed (DVB-T2 in this case).
    2) Re-load the GUI and see that the tuner is detected in menu>information>devices
    3) enter menu>setup>tuner config>tuners>tuner config>Tuner L - Vuplus DVB-T/C USB NIM(Turbo)...
    4) Change config to Configure DVB-T>Yes
    5) re-scan for channels
    6) Watch on working tuner
    Both Turbo tuners work, at the same time (using PIP or Vu+ Client on my phone).
    I can re-start the gui as often as I like, but if I try to reboot the GUI never comes back

Any Thoughts before I have to return the second tuner for a refund??

Cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Possibly the second usb turbo tuner is confusing the box as it already sees one,Do you also has the plug and play module.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...n-tuner-module

Box may only allow 1 turbo tuner, others may know better.
    Last edited by cactikid; 01-07-19 at 23:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Unless someone can reproduce your issue, going to be hard to work out what the issue is. Perhaps debugs will help?

Do other images do the same?

FredC
    Yes, but Both tuners work do when the GUI is reloaded. It looks like its a problem during the kernel boot time.

FredC
    Any hints or links to the relevant logs (what location to look in on this build).

I haven't tried other images yet. I've read that I can enable the "Universes" feature and have multiple Images on the same box. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do this??

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I'm pretty sure only one Turbo tuner is supported in any VU+ box.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

FredC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'm pretty sure only one Turbo tuner is supported in any VU+ box.
    Well as I said in my original post, both tuners DO work together. I can attach screenshots showing this.

The problem occurs when re-booting, in that the GUI never comes back.

If someone can tell me which logs to look in perhaps I can provide something to help get to the bottom of what is happening.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So if you enable a terminal session at boot and look at the log can you see anything obvious??

I.e. init 4 and then enigma2 in a telnet session
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

FredC
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So if you enable a terminal session at boot and look at the log can you see anything obvious??

I.e. init 4 and then enigma2 in a telnet session
    Yes. Like I said in OP, the GUI just shows the spinner, but I can log into the console (Putty / Telnet). Anything I should be looking for?? I recall dmesg is one of the logs (/var/volatile/log/) at startup. Any others with usefull info?

Cheers

FredC
    I've had to give up, as it was my last day to return the tuner under retruns policy.

I did more testing, and found that a little while after the GUI reload both the tuners would start playing up. They'd both go to no signal, and a couple of channel changes later the box would freeze.

I checked the dmesg and messages log files from a full reboot, but couldn't see anything in them that looked like it found any USB tuners at all, so I guess there's a resource conflict that can only be resolved once one of the tuners is actually loaded.

I can post them here if they are of use to anyone (PM me). Otherwise I think its best to say 2 USB turbo tuners wont run together.