Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4K Enigma2 box - Gigablue or VU?

Title
    Thanks

4K Enigma2 box - Gigablue or VU?

I'm considering upgrading our trusty Gigablue Quad HD in favour of a 4K receiver. We've been perfectly happy with the Gigablue so would gladly opt for the Gigablue Quad 4K.

But it struck me that he VU+ Solo 4K is about the same price from W.O.S as the Gigablue Quad 4K

Is there a "winner" between the two boxes? Our usage is split between FTA channels (Astra, UK), IPTV via XE and streaming content from a NAS.

If it's relevant we went the Gigablue route in the first instance as their boxes are fanless, so entirely silent. Are the VU fans fairly quiet?

Options welcome please.

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I have both the Giga4K receivers, Quad (from 1st delivery - May 2017) and the UE - both work perfectly and the Quad 4K is my lounge receiver.
    Excellent quality (both receiver & remote), reliability and they both support multiboot - which the Vu+ does not .... and I personally think that's a big loss.
    Based on your requirements, unless you need the larger LCD display, hdmi-in and esata ports, the UE is the better buy.

Also both the Giga4K and Vu+ receivers have FBC tuners (which may mean you have to alter your setup to get the best results) plus the capability to add dvb-s2x tuners, so you may be better at looking at something like the Giga4K Trio (looks same quality as its bigger brothers) or another of the HiSilicon receivers offered by the sponsor from Zgemma and Octagon.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant, thanks for that.

I've seen some of the W.O.S. Gigablue packages listed either with dvb-s2x tuners fitted or as options - but despite some Googling couldn't get to grips with what the benefits might be.

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post

I've seen some of the W.O.S. Gigablue packages listed either with dvb-s2x tuners fitted or as options - but despite some Googling couldn't get to grips with what the benefits might be.

Cheers
    Well dvb-s2x seem to be the standard installed dvb-s2 tuner installed now on new receivers - and most UK only viewers will see no difference or advantages.
    FBC tuners just give you an option of improving how many channels/services you can record and watch at the same time ..... you need to read up! Doesn't mean that you need to change your setup, but to get all the advantages you probably would have to do so.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post

Cheers
    DVB-S2X will have no benefit for Astra 28.2 (UK).

You might also want to consider the Ultra UE 4K: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    DVB-S2X will have no benefit for Astra 28.2 (UK).

You might also want to consider the Ultra UE 4K: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k
    Hi Sicilian, I know this may seem pedantic but can you confirm if pressing keys on remote control for this receiver is on the quiet side. I bought an Octagon SF8008 twin model a couple of weeks ago and to be honest the loud clicking of the remote is annoying the sh-t out of me!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    Hi Sicilian, I know this may seem pedantic but can you confirm if pressing keys on remote control for this receiver is on the quiet side. I bought an Octagon SF8008 twin model a couple of weeks ago and to be honest the loud clicking of the remote is annoying the sh-t out of me!
    All remotes click to extent, but the Gigablue remote is a softer sound.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

4K Enigma2 box - Gigablue or VU?

Vu+ remote is by far the best remote out there by a long mile, but comes at a premium and without features like Stalker plugin on Vu+ receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 01-07-19 at 13:56.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I haven't tried it but I've noticed stalkerclient-vuuno4k in extensions, maybe it's a modified version to work with vu+ boxes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Clabs (07-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I haven't tried it but I've noticed stalkerclient-vuuno4k in extensions, maybe it's a modified version to work with vu+ boxes
    Somebody is trying to get it to work, but currently I haven't seen comments saying its running.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Vu+ remote is by far the best remote out there by a long mile, but comes at a premium and without features like Stalker plugin on Vu+ receivers.

For Vu+ remote read Gigablue (they probably copied the Vu+ remote!!),
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    For Vu+ remote read Gigablue (they probably copied the Vu+ remote!!),
    Vu+ buttons don’t click like other remotes. Pure beauty @Twol, pure beauty. lol

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Interesting.....

Title
    Thanks
    I have stalker from the plugins menu, and it works fine on my duo 4k

16. The Following User Says Thank You to scrupples For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (02-07-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have Vu+ Bluetooth IR BT-100 its great. With the bonus of messing with My other half's head from another room changing channels ect LOL
    Pity sponsor didn't sell them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast