Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: This Vs Maxytech multibox

Title
    Thanks

This Vs Maxytech multibox

Hello. Can decide between this or the Maxytech muktibox.. specs seem very similar on both, just sold my Vu+ duo 2 and looking to upgrade. Have both cable/sat/IPTV and looking for a new 4k box to fit my needs. Kodi and stalker plugins would be a big plus

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Octagon SF8008 is an ace receiver, my fave at the moment. I have a twin satellite version with a 256gb microSD card for HDD storage. You could go with the 1x Cable/1x Satellite version. Has Stalker for your IPTV needs. With regards Kodi, only snag is all e2 are currently stuck on 17.6 and not sure if any plans for v18. Other than that a 10/10 receiver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I think it may depend on your budget.
    Andy is correct the SF8008 does most things for a price and probably has more options......I have both the sf8008 and the h9combo which is similar to the Maxytec.... and for the price is really excellent value.
    Either of the receivers would probably meet your stated needs ..... but I think you need more research.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smokez View Post
    Hello. Can decide between this or the Maxytech muktibox.. specs seem very similar on both, just sold my Vu+ duo 2 and looking to upgrade. Have both cable/sat/IPTV and looking for a new 4k box to fit my needs. Kodi and stalker plugins would be a big plus
    Both are very good, but imho I don't feel either are an upgrade to the Duo2. I'd be looking for another receiver with a broadcom CPU if I was replacing a Duo2. If you want a low cost receiver I'd be more inclined to look at the Zgemma H7S https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ilter_name=h7s , triple tuner, has the Kodi & Stalker plugins what the other 2 boxes use and internal HDD facility.

H7S has 2x satellite and 1x C/T2. H7C has 2x C/T2 and 1x Satellite, so depends what you watch and record more of.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the advice. The Zgemma H9 combo was also on the short list, perhaps my research or understanding is incorrect, but I was under the impression my Vu+ duo 2 was quite dated now in terms of hardware, or at least overkill for my current needs.

I made an assumption that with some of the newer boxes mentioned, despite being nowhere near the price range of the duo 2, that the processers etc would be newer and faster, in terms of boot time, menu navigation etc and also open up more compatibility with future plugins etc, plus multiboot, 4k and stalker plugins are an advantage, at the sacrifice of some hardware features such as built in HDD and LCD display etc...

Surprisingly stuck on what to do now 😂

Is broadcom recommended over the Hisilicon CPUs then?

Image compatibility and a decent community support network is a big factor also of course and I feel like things have slowed down with the duo2..

I liked the convenience of image backups and custom support etc from experienced forum members that was commonplace with my old Zgemma h2h that has never been the same with the Vu+ box either..

Excuse my lack of knowledge and indecisiveness, just want to make sure I'm making the right decision selling the duo2 and going for something smaller but more up to date..

Thanks again for all your help and recommendations.

Title
    Thanks
    I think Para. 2. really sums up the rationale for replacing the Duo2.

All the boxes mentioned have good support from ViX and other images ... although I am obviously biased to OpenViX and this forum.

Broadcom vs HiSilicon ... currently I think thats more of a cost issue .. and I have no idea what happens next with the design restrictions imposed by the US government on Huawei (who own HiSilicon), especially with comments in the media that Broadcom may move away from this area (not enough profit margin)..... but if necessary some company will fill the gap.

So I would go with your „gut feelings“ and reap the benefits of the new boxes ... and then its down to your budget, and how much of the extras like large LCD display, FBC tuners, stalker, Kodi are really worth to you... and whether you need them!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (27-06-19),Sicilian (27-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I think Para. 2. really sums up the rationale for replacing the Duo2.

All the boxes mentioned have good support from ViX and other images ... although I am obviously biased to OpenViX and this forum.

Broadcom vs HiSilicon ... currently I think thats more of a cost issue .. and I have no idea what happens next with the design restrictions imposed by the US government on Huawei (who own HiSilicon), especially with comments in the media that Broadcom may move away from this area (not enough profit margin)..... but if necessary some company will fill the gap.

So I would go with your „gut feelings“ and reap the benefits of the new boxes ... and then its down to your budget, and how much of the extras like large LCD display, FBC tuners, stalker, Kodi are really worth to you... and whether you need them!
    Thank you, think you have hit the nail on the head there, at least I feel like I am making somewhat of an informed decision..

So out of the octagon sf8008 and the Zgemma H9 combo what would your preference/recommendation be, from someone that has both recievers .. I've just seen world of satellite have the h9 combo available for £10 less then the octagon - but I'm leaning more towards the octagon looks wise etc

Title
    Thanks
    I guess SF8008 (Andy would kill me if I said anything else), but I would be more positive if they had engaged their brains before finishing the design - there are just some areas that could be a lot better e.g. multiboot, which works but is a real kluge - and their constant PR (which often is other peoples hard work dressed up as Octagon) drives me up the wall.

So in summary, I guess SF8008, but nothing wrong with the h9combo.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smokez View Post
    Thank you, think you have hit the nail on the head there, at least I feel like I am making somewhat of an informed decision..

So out of the octagon sf8008 and the Zgemma H9 combo what would your preference/recommendation be, from someone that has both recievers .. I've just seen world of satellite have the h9 combo available for £10 less then the octagon - but I'm leaning more towards the octagon looks wise etc
    Imho I think the Zgemma H9 Combo is the better option, it also supports internal SATA HDD that the SF8008 doesn't.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

twol (28-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Imho I think the Zgemma H9 Combo is the better option, it also supports internal SATA HDD that the SF8008 doesn't.
    Good point - forgotten about the HDD - makes life easier.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

This Vs Maxytech multibox

Could always use a microSD card as storage as apposed to sata hdd....

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 28-06-19 at 07:55.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Could always use a microSD card as storage as apposed to sata hdd....

True but then we have this issue with multiboot, and will until they get gpt working (if ever) with the SDcard when used for multiboot.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    i have sf8008 and multiboot is gr8 with NFR4x Multiboot ( you use it on usb or SDCARD) as images as u want