Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to USB flash recovery multiboot menu on Zgemma H9 Combo

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up How to USB flash recovery multiboot menu on Zgemma H9 Combo

Guide how USB flash the Zgemma H9 Combo multiboot recovery menu.

Note the recovery menu does not need to be re-flashed unless you have an issue or theres an update. Recovery zip files are released with every image build, but please note you DO NOT have to re-flash or update the recovery menu unless needed.

At the time of writing this guide re-flashing the recovery menu is not removing or affecting the installed images. Note this could change in a future update cause you to loose of the images you have installed and setup.

Zgemma H9 Combo purchased from World-of-Satellite.co.uk will have the latest Multiboot recovery menu pre-flashed at time of purchasing. The current latest revision is bootmenu r245.

1) Download latest recovery menu from OpenViX, OpenATV or wherever you wish to download from. Can be download from OpenViX downloads HERE. At time of writing this guide latest zip release is 'openvix-5.2.043.release-zgemmah9combo_recovery_emmc.zip', again you DO NOT have to re-flash or update this Multiboot recovery menu with every release.

2) Unzip the file to your desktop. You will have the following files:

'h9combo' directory
    recovery_zgemmah9combo_lies.mich
    recovery_zgemmah9combo_READ.me
    bootargs.bin
    fastboot.bin

3) Format a USB stick MAX 8GB FAT32.

4) Copy all the files and 'h9combo' folder to root of USB stick.

5) Power off the Zgemma H9 Combo.

6) Connect USB stick to front USB 2.0 port, behind front flap.

7) Press rear RESET reset button.

8) Power on whilst holding down reset button. Keep holding down the RESET button until FLSH appears on front display.

9) Be paitient, once successful the Zgemma H9 Combo will reboot into the recovery menu.

10) You'll see various options, to not go off topic simply select 'Boot 1. LINUX_1' to boot into the image installed into slot 1. Screen will look similar as below, note you can see the revision number bottom left corner.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

zorro71 (06-02-20)