Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Delete providers.cach

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Delete providers.cach

Can we delete providers.cache when entering providers?

I ask when we setup ABM, providers and we disable a tuner and run ABM this causes an error and the provider cant be disabled within ABM as the tuner isn't configured.

Example on my Uno4k with a cable and a sundtek sat tuner enabled I can set both Sky UK and Virgin UK in ABM providers but should my sat tuner be having issues or if I disable the tuner in tuner setup on ABM scan I receive no "NIMs found for sky uk".

This is because Sky UK is enabled in providers but I cant disable it as ABM wont show it in ABM providers if my tuner is no longer configured.

The next test I did was delete providers.cache go in to ABM providers then pressed green to save and was able to scan ABM.

I was thinking if it would be possible to delete the providers cache every time we enter ABM providers this would hopefully solve issues with users that may have configured a provider in the past but then disabled the tuner, I know we can go into tuner config and re enable the tuner then disable the provider but that wouldn't be possible if the tuner was faulty and no longer configurable.
    Last edited by dsayers; 13-06-19 at 20:08.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

gear259 (13-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    as I mentioned to you before, merely entering and saving removes no longer applicable providers.

there is no need to enable/disable tuners.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (13-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    The providers cache was added to remove delay. We won't be removing it. I hope you agree that entering a menu and saving is not too much trouble for those who are using backups from other people or have removed a tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    It's a very good point raised. This can happen often if your image was made with a tuner enabled but become unavailable. Can leave you in a crappy situation that can take a huge effort!

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    You set your tuners at First Install Wizard. ABM comes unconfigured.

Is it really that hard to press the green button?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (14-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    It's not that. When your flashing loads of boxes for clients you don't go through the wizard you have a backup image. Even if there was an option in tuner settings to purge whatever it is so I can carry on without having to setup up again from scratch coz customer got wrong backup image with unavailable tuner.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Is it really hard to open ABM, and press Green/OK?

Anyway, we are not going to change it. Otherwise the normal people have to wait for 30 odd seconds for ABM to re-validate the provider options every time they access it. Our image and support is free. We have no clients. We do this for a hobby and enjoy helping people.

I don't think there is anything else to discuss.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (14-06-19),Sicilian (14-06-19)