Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Delete providers.cach

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Delete providers.cach

Can we delete providers.cache when entering providers?

I ask when we setup ABM, providers and we disable a tuner and run ABM this causes an error and the provider cant be disabled within ABM as the tuner isn't configured.

Example on my Uno4k with a cable and a sundtek sat tuner enabled I can set both Sky UK and Virgin UK in ABM providers but should my sat tuner be having issues or if I disable the tuner in tuner setup on ABM scan I receive no "NIMs found for sky uk".

This is because Sky UK is enabled in providers but I cant disable it as ABM wont show it in ABM providers if my tuner is no longer configured.

The next test I did was delete providers.cache go in to ABM providers then pressed green to save and was able to scan ABM.

I was thinking if it would be possible to delete the providers cache every time we enter ABM providers this would hopefully solve issues with users that may have configured a provider in the past but then disabled the tuner, I know we can go into tuner config and re enable the tuner then disable the provider but that wouldn't be possible if the tuner was faulty and no longer configurable.
    Last edited by dsayers; 13-06-19 at 20:08.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

gear259 (13-06-19)