Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: [MountManager]

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [MountManager]

Title
    Thanks

[MountManager]

@twol I reproduce this problem.
    scenario: only one device connected (USB with SDCARD)

if I unmount the unit (yellow) and then try to mount with red button (use as HDD) I get BSOD

Code:
    <  4453.060> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <  4453.060>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 37, in finishedCB
    <  4453.061>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py", line 297, in add_fstab
    <  4453.062>     self.device_uuid = 'UUID=' + result.split('UUID=')[1].split(' ')[0].replace('"', '')
    <  4453.063> IndexError: list index out of range
    <  4453.063> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method EnigmaLogFatal.write of <bound method ConsoleItem.dataAvailCB of <bound method EnigmaLogDebug.write of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eSlider.eSlider_setValue of <bound method ClockToText.changed of <bound method ClockToText.changed of <bound method VolumeText.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method CList.__call__ of <unbound method eLabel.eLabel_setText>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,(1,)) failed)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Can you let me know the receiver? HD51 or ????
    Also can you post a picture from the Mountmanager screen?

However, you should be able to „use as HDD“ with the device mounted - and I guess thats probably the issue in that you have unmounted the device with no reboot afterwards.
    Obviously it shouldn‘t crash, but assuming its a ext3/4 format device, I have always either changed the mount attributes 1st or just used the red button directly.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Can you let me know the receiver? HD51 or ????
    It happens to me with two different machines totally.

xpeedlx3 and ferguson4k
    Also can you post a picture from the Mountmanager screen?
    I'm not home now after I upload them.
    However, you should be able to „use as HDD“ with the device mounted - and I guess thats probably the issue in that you have unmounted the device with no reboot afterwards.
    should mount HDD directly in the sequence disassemble <-> sometimes mount even if it is disassembled not see self ["key_red"]. setText (_ ("Use as HDD")) hotplug
    Obviously it shouldn‘t crash, but assuming its a ext3/4 format device, I have always either changed the mount attributes 1st or just used the red button directly.
    I have them in vfat.

although this code is totally different, with the BSOD does not reproduce, try it and compare ... in my code there are missing things like your code for mmc SDCARD. (by the way it detects sdcard in slot perfectly in ferguson4k mmc)

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core
    Last edited by norhap; 04-06-19 at 10:39.

Title
    Thanks
    with yellow "unmount" + green "setup mounts" no problem.the message in the box updates the assembly and then warns us if we want to restart the box. write ok in fstab.
    It seems that the problem comes only with sdcard either within USB or in slot.
    Last edited by norhap; 04-06-19 at 12:10.

Title
    Thanks
    most of the sdcard code is to to handle sf8008/H9 special situations (e.g. to not show in MountManager) for the way we handle the SDcard in ViX.

Will have to play around when I get the chance ... but this is not a good week time wise.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

norhap (04-06-19),Sicilian (05-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    fixed BSOD, now we can mount and dismount any sdcard device even with red button use it as HDD ... if there is another device mounted as HDD and you want to change to another new device, the previous one dismounts without problem.

try please.

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core/c...5d990f66d93ed2

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norhap For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (05-06-19),Sicilian (05-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    here the difference, in this two sdcard devices, first disassembled without problems, then when mounting as hdd BSOD.aside the current code does not detect when a sdcard device is used as a red button settext HDD does not work:

with my code and mount-unmount with red button without any problem, detects which device is being used as hdd and which is not:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Thanks. Can you advise if we can easily compare changes without the tab > space conversion?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Thanks. Can you advise if we can easily compare changes without the tab > space conversion?
    I can not understand your request abu I'm Spanish.

PD. view video @abu.
    Last edited by norhap; 05-06-19 at 08:31.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    In your commit, there are cosmetic changes. It is not easy to see exactly what you have changed.

I have seen the video, I see you have fixed the crash.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    In your commit, there are cosmetic changes. It is not easy to see exactly what you have changed.

I have seen the video, I see you have fixed the crash.
    use plugin "compare" in editor notepad. (there you will see them)
    later I try to upload diff.

Title
    Thanks
    @twol please, I need to know if with my code, keep watching your sdcard mmc in slot of the machine h9combo, since I have added one more machine (which is my box ferguson4k "u5pvr").
    thx.

Title
    Thanks
    OK - I have just tried straight vanilla ViX code on both h9combo and SF8008 and MountManager works as it should for SD cards in these receivers - and as far as I remember so did the Dinobot receivers (sorry - don't have them available at the moment to test).

So later today will look at your code as it must be specific to how the SD card is recognised by the receiver (zgemma, Dinobot, Octagon all see the sd card as a different device type - really helpful!!)l

In the meantime, could you do 2 things for me?

I would like to see on the Ferguson a Debug log from initial boot to you trying the commands with MountManager with a) currrent ViX code b) with your code in MountManager - so I can see differences

I have both u5mini and u54K in test previously and didn't see these issues and I beliee the Ferguson is a Dinobot OEM?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    ok, this afternoon send log.

Title
    Thanks
    @Norhap - just tried your code from Git and it doesn't work for me on SF8008 using SD card as storage device.
    I can mount, unmount, but it will not let me use as HDD - says unable to unmount (in use)
    WIth normal code, don't get this ........ have to go to German lessons talk later!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast