Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: [MountManager]

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [MountManager]

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    @Norhap - just tried your code from Git and it doesn't work for me on SF8008 using SD card as storage device.
    I can mount, unmount, but it will not let me use as HDD - says unable to unmount (in use)
    WIth normal code, don't get this ........ have to go to German lessons talk later!
    if it is in use is because there is an active process PID, it is logical that response is in use.
    be severe..remove sd and return to indroduce and try again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Have tried again ... and there is a definite issue - with normal ViX code I can unmount, mount, mount as HDD no issue. The onyl way I can do this with your code is to reboot without card and then insert.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    we have to compare debug, then I will send the log, in my case as I say unmount->mount (yellow+red) SDCARD in slot or USB with SDCARD ( not USB normal) , I get BSOD .... I have dared to change and rewrite the code because it happens in two completely different boxes (Mipsel and ARM).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by norhap View Post
    we have to compare debug, then I will send the log, in my case as I say unmount->mount (yellow+red) SDCARD in slot or USB with SDCARD ( not USB normal) , I get BSOD .... I have dared to change and rewrite the code because it happens in two completely different boxes (Mipsel and ARM).
    I appreciate your work/code - just not working as well in some of my boxes - just would like to see debug and see if I can understand what its doing in ViX and then what it should do to correct issue.
    The big question is - if it works in general for most receivers - what is different in the initial setup for the SD card that makes your boxes different?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    I will install official vix image in my xpeedlx3, this will clarify many doubts, this afternoon I comment results.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to norhap For This Useful Post:

twol (05-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    confirmed twol, it must be my enigma2 vix, there is no problem in official image, so I apologize if it could have caused confusion.
    if I remember, I had to modify harddisk.py to be able to clean very dirty debug enigma2 registry that I had in my ferguson4k, this may be what caused the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    No problem! Everytime I have to change code in MountManager or Harddisk.py I am worried because it is so easy to cause an impact - the code is very sensitive!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it is.

even so I will ask for another test, have two devices mounted in the box ... dismount both devices (unmount) then mounts the two devices .... tell me if one of them has the mount failed!.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it is.

even so I will ask for another test, have two devices mounted in the box ... dismount both devices (unmount) then mounts the two devices .... tell me if one of them has the mount failed!.
    OK:- h9combo 2 devices 1 usb, 1 sd card
    Can unmount & then mount in any sequence -no issue
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

norhap (05-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Have tried again ... and there is a definite issue - with normal ViX code I can unmount, mount, mount as HDD no issue. The onyl way I can do this with your code is to reboot without card and then insert.
    omit this error we already know that it is due to my enigma2....I do not reproduce it.

@twol...would like you to try the three mounting options that I have added to the blue button mount.

the sequence is to first unmount and then mount.

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core/c...6ab0588d88b9a3

Title
    Thanks
    omit this error we already know that it is due to my enigma2....I do not reproduce it.

@twol...would like you to try the three mounting options that I have added to the blue button mount.

the sequence is to first unmount and then mount.

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core/c...6ab0588d88b9a3
    Tomorrow will do ....!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    ok no problem, try it with my harddisk
    https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr

Title
    Thanks
    hi @twol, with this code, my SD if it is extracted and restart GUI, in GUI of my skin I keep seeing the mmblk SD.
    Code:
    if  SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"]:											# h9/i55 use mmcblk0p[0-3] for sdcard, h9combo uses mmcblk1p[0-3]
    			if SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"][0] == 'Yes' and "%s" %SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"][1] in device:
    				return
    with my code, if I remove the SD card it disappears from GUI. on the other hand it does not throw me all the full mmcblk (after all this can not be mounted):

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core/c...cc825dd966886a (ignore my box u5pvr).

after restart enigma2 your code not SD in slot:your-code.jpg

with my code with SD in slot:con-my-code.jpg

with my code no SD in slot:no-slot-sd.jpg

I do not know if I'm missing something having it like this .....

Title
    Thanks
    hi @twol, with this code, my SD if it is extracted and restart GUI, in GUI of my skin I keep seeing the mmblk SD.
    Code:
    if  SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"]:											# h9/i55 use mmcblk0p[0-3] for sdcard, h9combo uses mmcblk1p[0-3]
    			if SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"][0] == 'Yes' and "%s" %SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"][1] in device:
    				return
    with my code, if I remove the SD card it disappears from GUI. on the other hand it does not throw me all the full mmcblk (after all this can not be mounted):

https://github.com/norhap/vix-core/c...cc825dd966886a (ignore my box u5pvr).

after restart enigma2 your code not SD in slot:your-code.jpg

with my code with SD in slot:con-my-code.jpg

with my code no SD in slot:no-slot-sd.jpg

I do not know if I'm missing something having it like this .....
    Will have to look, but tight on time until after next weekend (have German tests!!) ... will then follow up
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Had a quick look and I think you either keep your code or add the u5pvr to SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"] and see if that now works for you ..... I am guessing it would be:
    SystemInfo["HasSDnomount"] = getMachineBuild() in ('h9', 'i55plus') and ('No', 'none') or getMachineBuild() in ('multibox', 'h9combo', "u5pvr") and ('Yes', 'mmcblk0').
    Last edited by twol; 22-06-19 at 14:09.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

norhap (23-06-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast