Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "No displayable files on medium found" with Media Scanner across multiple recorders

Title
    Thanks

"No displayable files on medium found" with Media Scanner across multiple recorders

Some assistance please.

I have 2x VU+Duo's and 1x VU-Duo2 all connected in the same LAN. For some time I have not been able to watch files that are on another recorders HDD (this historically worked for me) but can happily view recordings that are on the local recorders HDD.

When you select Network Browser, you can see both the CIFS and NFS shares across the other recorders and it is possible to creaite Mount Points and these seem to activate correctly. However when you go to view the files using Media Scanner, after a little delay "No displayable files on medium found" is reported.

Files on all 3 recorders can be accessed from the two PC's in the house (one on Windows 10 and the other on Windows 7) so it didn't seem to be a problem with the setup of the services on the recorders.

I have spent hours trying various solutions, none of which worked - that is until I went back to 4.2.030 on one of the VU+Duo's. Now this unit can see the files on the other two recorders.

This would indicate to me that the problem is either in the way I have setup version 5.x (but its the same as I have always done), or something relating to the version 5.x versions of OpenVix that I have not understood

I'd rather be runnning the later versions - that is unless there is a reason to return the remaining 2 recorders to version 4.2.30,. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use the remote to go to my recordings on hdd and yellow button to access other mounts,sometimes i have to delete them and setup from scratch if it does not switch to other models.