Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: First impressions of using the H7S

clivejo

First impressions of using the H7S

Whilst I am very happy with my purchase, I have a couple of issues I can't seem to figure out!

1) Then the box is on, and I change channel it briefly shows the channel number on the front panel display before reverting back to the time. I would like the front display to show the channel number (and ideally the channel name) whilst turned on.
    2) When changing the channel via it's number (ie 101 on the keypad) the box seems to wait for about 4-5 seconds before it actually zaps to the channel, I would like this delay to be as minimal as possible, but can't see anywhere to configure this.
    3) I want to increase the size of certain fonts on the Infobar (the now and next programmes) and to change the colour of the channel name as it is hard to make out (ViX Night HD skin )
    4) I want to increase the size of description font in the EGP as it is very hard to read on my install ( ViX Night HD skin )

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    2/ Press Ok after inserting 101 on your remote it will zap instant then.
    3/ & 4/ You are best trying a different Skin to suit your needs for Fonts & Colours etc. Try the Confluence Skin which is nice and big and may suit you better. But many more are available in the feeds under Skins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    1) The Open ATV image lets you customise the front display, I had mine display time in standby and channel number when on. Can't see any way to this with Vix image though.

clivejo
    Quote Originally Posted by psul View Post
    1) The Open ATV image lets you customise the front display, I had mine display time in standby and channel number when on. Can't see any way to this with Vix image though.
    This would be my preference too, but I asked WOS to pre-install OpenVix as it seemed to be better supported. Still a newbie with all this, but I guess it's like Linux distros, just need to find the one I feel most comfortable with!

Does ZGemma ship them with OpenATV pre-installed?

Is it a skin package for the front panel that controls that? Could you provide a link to the package?
    Last edited by clivejo; 30-05-19 at 00:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Mine came with ATV preinstalled but the images are linked in this forum if you look through the zgemma h7 images thread.
    Personally I much prefer the VIX images but would be great if this feature was add to VIX

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Use Simple_Ten_Eighty skin if you are having trouble seeing fonts properly. It is built into OpenViX.

If you want a ready to go image with forum support in English stick with OpenViX.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (01-06-19)