Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Some HD channels do no open on cable tv

Title
    Thanks

Some HD channels do no open on cable tv

I have a problem with a couple of HD cable tv channels that are decrypted as they do not open with a CI card reader but most other decrypted HD-channels open up. I have a paid channel card in a CI card reader, and OpenVIX complains something like: "this channel requires a CI+ compatible device…". I've tried to add these cable tv channels to CI-settings (normally it should be just the service provider), but no change. The card reader is Conax CSP CI+ CAM.

Is there something within OpenVIX that requires some extra settings or some limitation as these channels open perfectly ok in the same box (Vu+ Solo4K) using OpenATV 6.3?
    Last edited by VesaT; 29-05-19 at 08:07.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    CI is not supported on ViX I think, due to licensing/copyright etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Some people have reported that those same channels I have problems with open using a CI+ CAM and some older version of OpenVIX. And somebody also reported that an older CI+ CAM opened the channels without problems. Could it be something with the CAM or just those two Channels (Eurosport 1 HD and History Channel HD)?

I have no problems using OpenATV at home as it opens those channels without problems, but I'm fairly long times away from home and OpenVIX transcoding works much better. So it would be great to have OpenVIX 5.2.41 opening those channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    officially VU+ boxes only support CI and not CI+. For CI+ there is a "CI+ Helper" needed which is installed by some images. As Andy says it is not licensed.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

VesaT (30-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    officially VU+ boxes only support CI and not CI+. For CI+ there is a "CI+ Helper" needed which is installed by some images. As Andy says it is not licensed.

ciao
    OK, so it is a Vu+ problem, not OpenVIX. Is there any possibility to have this "CI+ Helper" as a plugin or e.g. a patch?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    if you have OpenATV you can use opkg download to get it and then test if it will work.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (30-05-19)

Title
    Thanks

HD Channels not opening

VTi does NOT officially support CI+. Up to now it still works for Neotion chipset CI+ modules. This can change at any time!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    NOBODY mentioned VTi.

ciao
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    Amazed. I noticed that my cable tv card with CI+ module in the upper slot of my Vu+Ultimo 4k now works with all subscribed cable tv channels, even HD. I have all three tuners S/T/C.
    Something must have happened with the updated software.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    Amazed. I noticed that my cable tv card with CI+ module in the upper slot of my Vu+Ultimo 4k now works with all subscribed cable tv channels, even HD. I have all three tuners S/T/C.
    Something must have happened with the updated software.
    Hmm... all CI-level protected HD channels open also with any new OpenVIX (including 5.3) for me, but CI+ linked channels (in my case e.g. Eurosport HD) do not open - just an error message about "open only with CI+ certified devices". Same thing also happens with newest OpenATV images (published in August 2019), OpenATV from late July 2019 still opens also CI+ protected channels. So it seems the certification criteria are now going deeper and just a separate card reader as a "device" is no longer enough.