Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sick Nano

Title
    Thanks

Sick Nano

My TM Nano SE M2 Plus has been working ok for a few years.

But yesterday the HDMI output stopped working. It powers up from mains off and the HDMI works, but after about five minutes the display on the TV goes blank and there is no sound. I get output from the AV socket all the time.

If the Nano is in standby and switch it on - again no HDMI output.

What can I do to get it working again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    It sounds like a component is going off, but just in case try a different hdmi cable........
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your interest. Have tried some different HDMI cables with same results.

Like you I suspect a failing component - could be a capacitor. There are quite a few capacitors on the board, too much effort to replace them all. Would be useful if I could find out if any particular capacitor drives the HDMI output.

Title
    Thanks
    I have fixed this problem by using an old 75mm computer fan placed on top of the circuit board, and with the lid of the Nano removed. I have used the same 12v feed from the board used for the existing tiny fan. The 75mm fan is operating all the time, including when the Nano is in normal standby.

I have delayed posting this as I wanted to check this was a long term solution - and it has now been working faultlessly for three weeks.

Not a very elegant solution, but it works. Hope this post might help any other Nano owner with a similar fault.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Are you sure the heatsink is still attached properly?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for idea about heatsink. Checked it, and it's firmly in its place.

I suspect the problem is one of the electrolytic capacitors, but as there are ten on the board it would be far too much trouble to replace them. Easier to stick with the extra fan to cool the board.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Sick Nano

Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    Thanks for idea about heatsink. Checked it, and it's firmly in its place.

I suspect the problem is one of the electrolytic capacitors, but as there are ten on the board it would be far too much trouble to replace them. Easier to stick with the extra fan to cool the board.
    Afraid not. Capacitors will only show symptoms from cold, so if your loosing video after 5 minutes, it’s going to be a chip or transistor fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

timofee (19-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Thanks for feedback. Will avoid any Nano owner with a similar problem wasting their time changing the capacitors.

In any case, I'm staying with the extra fan solution.