Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hardware warranty void if removed sticker

clivejo

Hardware warranty void if removed sticker

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Zgemma H7S box which arrived today. I just opened the package and noticed there is a warranty void sticker over the case screws. I was under the impression that the user could fit a hard disk to the unit themselves. As I work with computers and have numerous spare drives, I was planning to fit my own, but it looks like doing so will void the two year warranty! The box isn't really any use to me without internal storage, as I plan to use it to record. Any advice on what I should do?!?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Did you buy the receiver from the forum sponsor?

Title
    Thanks
    I noticed the same issue and mine did come from the forum sponsor. The cardboard box had the cables and some screws to attach a disk drive.

clivejo
    Yes, it was purchased from the sponsor. I opened a support ticket and they said I could break the seal to install the HDD but be careful not to damage any hardware while doing it. Just seems to be very odd thing to do when you provide the feature of supporting an internal drive.

When they install the internal drive themselves do they replace the warranty seal in store?

Title
    Thanks
    Fitting the hard drive was quite a challenge. I saw that the metal plate it has to be mounted on only had three screws instead of 4. I was not sure which way round to fit the disk but decided to have the connectors towards the front. Then I found that the supplied screws where much to long for my Seagate drive. Fortunately I had some shorter ones left over from working on my desktop PC. I attached the cables to the drive before I mounted it and then found that they covered the 4th screw hole which is perhaps why that screw was missing.

When I powered up, Vix could not find the drive to format it. So I switched the box off and tried the hard disk power connector socket nearest the back. I was then able to format the disk. Vix continued to think that my USB stick was /mnt/hdd until I powered the box up without the USB stick and then inserted the stick in the rear USB 3.0 socket when the box was already powered up.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    These warranty stickers are applied by Zgemma, not us. Provided no internal component's are damaged warranty will not be voided. This applies to all brands or model's when install own hard drives, not only Zgemma.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-05-19),Andy_Hazza (22-05-19),cactikid (22-05-19),gaz31 (22-05-19),khan888 (22-05-19),machare (22-05-19),twol (22-05-19),Willo3092 (23-05-19)

clivejo
    Good to know, thanks for clearing that up