Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+ Solo2 chaseplay odd play problem

Title
    Thanks

Question Vu+ Solo2 chaseplay odd play problem

I've had this problem at times before but not consistently.

When starting to play back a program that is recording, it behaves OK until reaching the timestop that the play started. The replay stops yet the program is still recording!!!

To be specific, a 1 hour recording is in progress, chaseplay was started 33 minutes into it but play stopped after those 33 minutes. The recording finished and showed it took 1 hour, but no way that last 27 minutes would play!!

I uploaded the latest VIX software yesterday, retuned etc etc and all else seemed normal.

This problem could be linked to another where the recording has obviously taken place, but will not play at all. It also happens on my Duo 2. And it is not a "dummy" cause by tuner conflict. It was the only recording at the time but there appears to be a glitch stopping it from being played.

Any suggestions gratefully received

John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have also had that on many of my boxes but dont think its a problem,i wonder does it mark the spot at say 15 mins as you are viewing the start of the program you are recording and that was the end of that session but recording goes on.If i started again it would run for longer.

If you exited out it should show the duration of recorded item like 66 mins.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I watch programmes before they've finished recording all the time, and have never seen this problem.

All my recordings are timer recordings, never instant recordings, and never via timeshift.