Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Amiko A5 Combo

Title
    Thanks

Amiko A5 Combo

Hi Support
    I need help on how to download and install Enigma 2, also OpenVix Images on Amiko A5 Combo Box Receiver.
    Can you please help.

Regards

Sunny

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    No images are available for this receiver, so no support offered. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My thoughts as a technician is that most of the equipment sold without little or no support !
    Very quite out there when you ask a question . Plenty of information on the sales side but never the true about it future requirements!
    I have a problem at the present, after carrying out instructed reboot its the same if not worse.
    My thoughts is that the hard drive is faulty !
    Comes down to my type of work and faulty drives !
    Good luck in you with you new equipment!

Title
    Thanks
    Just to be clear guys and try and avoid any confusion, there are two Amiko models mentioned in here which are both very different things in terms of hardware and type of support that goes with it...

Amiko Viper Combo HDD - This was Broadcom based MIPS CPU designed and made for use with Enigma2. The hardware manufacture and I think WoS stock have both gone by now i.e. no longer available but the support in terms of E2 firmware updates is still very much available. All the usual groups still produce firmware build for this including OpenViX which you can find HERE

Amiko A5 Combo - This was Amlogic based ARM CPU designed and made for use as Android but with it's own custom interface. Essentially on the face of it did not look like many generic Android boxes do, but underneath it all that's what it was and with combo tuners that actually worked extremely well, better than most anything else I have seen that's Android based using tuners. This did and still does rely on manufacturer firmware updates, it's not open and therefore not for groups to be able to build and support.

There was experimental support for dual boot to Enigma2 on this BUT it's important to note this was never manufacturer advertised or supported, it was experimental and it was something I worked closely on with the manufacturer to allow us to try and get drivers right etc., it came very, very close to being right but at the time we just never quite got there fully, being AML, 64 bit and entering into the unknown in a lot of respects we were right up against it with drivers and plugin support for E2, from what I remember in actual fact the only thing that didn't exactly work by the end was the likes of CrossEPG mainly (thinking of things from a more UK point of view that would be required), the irony is now this would probably work well now with other things that have since come around, different ways of gaining EPG data etc. but we'd spent over a year on it to get to this stage, pressure for new products was mounting and it become unrealistic to keep the guys in the far east on a project that was only ever intended to be experimental and was over a year old by then so afraid that's largely where it ended.... If I still had the hardware here whilst I'm stuck in lock down like most of the rest of the country then I'd happily give this another go right now just for something to occupy my time but afraid I don't have the hardware here right now, I might do at the office but can't make a journey there to check to easily right now, if and when I can and if the lock down continues (as it probably will be for some time yet from the looks of things) then I may well try this out just for fun.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (01-04-20),Sicilian (01-04-20),Willo3092 (01-04-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    We have no plans to cease support for any of the Amiko models currently supported. In actual fact support for Amiko e2 boxes is likely to grow rather than shrink.

Currently support Amiko boxes:

Amiko Viper 4K, nice looking great spec combo box. Supports QT Stalker, Kodi, Blindscan.
    Amiko 4K51, great spec broadcom based 4K receiver.
    Amiko Viper Combo HDD, end of life to purchase but still well supported.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Amiko UK (02-04-20),Andy_Hazza (02-04-20)