Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Build my own Vix image

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If you don't change the feed url in the openvix.conf (mentioned above) then you have to manually edit all the receiver ipk conf files in /etc/opkg
    I used to change openvix.conf but it is a pain in the neck when the build numbers change. Now I do it in site.conf (both feeds and enigma git location).

Code:
    SCONF_VERSION = "1"
    BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "32"
    PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 16"
    BUILD_OPTIMIZATION = "-march=native -O2 -pipe"
    DL_DIR = "/home/openvix/sources"
    INHERIT += "rm_work"
    ENIGMA2_URI = "git://github.com/Huevos/enigma2.git;protocol=git;branch=Dev"
    DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://*****.org/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"
    Also, I just symlink to the feeds so they are available to the webserver without moving any files.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-02-20),twol (04-05-19),Willo3092 (04-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    This thread is about building images. Can you please post in the dinoboot thread about dinoboot issues?

I split the thread so things can be specific. This was so it is easy to to follow what is going on. If you want to bundle everything together, I can merge the threads again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I used to change openvix.conf but it is a pain in the neck when the build numbers change. Now I do it in site.conf (both feeds and enigma git location).

Code:
    SCONF_VERSION = "1"
    BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "32"
    PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 16"
    BUILD_OPTIMIZATION = "-march=native -O2 -pipe"
    DL_DIR = "/home/openvix/sources"
    INHERIT += "rm_work"
    ENIGMA2_URI = "git://github.com/Huevos/enigma2.git;protocol=git;branch=Dev"
    DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://*****.org/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"
    Also, I just symlink to the feeds so they are available to the webserver without moving any files.
    Thanks Huevos, never thought of sticking that info in site.conf - really a great time saver. When I was totally PC based I used the symlinks which work really well in that environment.

Really envious of the 16 threads!!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    This thread is about building images. Can you please post in the dinoboot thread about dinoboot issues?

I split the thread so things can be specific. This was so it is easy to to follow what is going on. If you want to bundle everything together, I can merge the threads again.
    Sorry buddy, I thought I was helping @Will03092 with his image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgydrains View Post
    Sorry buddy, I thought I was helping @Will03092 with his image.
    Running an image build is different from making changes to the image which is why it should be treated on a different thread.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Huevos (04-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I have pruned this thread again. Please keep it specific to building images

For any dinobot test images,feedback and comments, please use the other existing thread for it

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...penvix-Support

Thank you

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I seem to able to manage the build okay now, the only issue is hosting the feeds.
    I've been busy with work lately and Mrs Willo seems to be off on the same days as me, so limited time to faff with it.
    I have a Synology NAS and would ideally like to host the feeds from that. I only use it as a home NAS at the minute so will have to have a look into the hosting side of things when I get time.
    Thanks to everyone for their input so far

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (12-05-19),dsayers (12-05-19),twol (12-05-19)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Why do you want to host the feeds on your NAS? I don't understand not hosting them on the build machine.

Title
    Thanks
    PC is not on all the time.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I just like to keep all of my work on the NAS and I thought it would be easier to share the feeds from the NAS for other people to test.
    Ideally I would also like to try and setup a website at some point.
    I had a nasty experience with ransomware lately (I appreciate it's unlikely to affect a Linux box) and had my files in windows encrypted.
    I'm a bit obsessed now with moving anything I want to keep, to my NAS and not having mapped drives on the PC.
    I'm not particularly familiar with Linux to be fair but I've managed to be able to copy stuff from Linux to the NAS so that it is accessible from both boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Why do you want to host the feeds on your NAS? I don't understand not hosting them on the build machine.
    Same as ABU - my NAS runs for about 18 hours a day (and in standby overnight) compared to 8 _> 10 hour on the Ubuntu PC and I also keep all my local git and build source files etc also on the NAS.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Is the NAS webserver public? Is the move process automated? Personally I don't see a greater security risk on the Ubuntu machine than the NAS. BTW, I run all my websites from the NAS. Reason is the old PC based webserver used 1100 kW/h per year and the NAS only uses 85 kW/h per year.

But for me it is easier not moving the feeds from the build server. Build server is a friend's machine that was idle 24/7 and I was lucky enough to be loaned it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No, it's not public. I have just used it for file/movie/music storage at home so far.
    I've only just started exploring the possibility of hosting my own website on it.
    I've also only just started using a spare PC for this build project and whilst it is plenty fast enough, I have limited storage space.

Title
    Thanks
    I have built 5.3.001 release for my MBTwinPlus on my HP laptop over my WiFi network. It took 12 hours overnight, with quite a few warnings generated but no errors. Found the "cooker" log which said that the build had finished and found the release files under the g300 directory. I haven't had the guts to flash the receiver yet, I'll do it when I've caught up with my viewing.

Abu and I think Sicilian have both said that if you want to have the latest images on the end-of-life models, go build it yourself - so I did(!), following on from Willo's success and the great advice of twol and everyone else on this thread. I will test the build eventually, but I suppose the real choices I have are to continue with OpenVix 5.2 on the MB or upgrade the box as eventually the MB will not be able to handle the memory requirements of later releases. And since none of the testers or full-time contributors to the forum will have an MBTwinPlus set up with OpenVix 5.3 or later, they will not be able to support the configuration.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I found that after a successful build it would give about 39 warnings, if you just run it again it's much quicker and a lot of the warnings are resolved.
    Best I've managed is 1 warning but the image runs fine.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast