Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Build my own Vix image

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    The ntp4/ntp-4.2 one was updated in mid-March at the same time as p14 was created.
    Looks like someone messed up creating the releases.

EDIT: Looking at the p13 -> p14 diffs they are almost all version-stamp related.

So it looks like someone pushed all of the updates in and created a new p13 package, then realized that the version should have been updated, updated it (along with a few minor changes, which might have been what triggered noticing the version needed to change) then created a new p14. There's just over 1 hour between the production times.

So the ntp*.bb build file should be changed to refer to the file one level up....

EDIT2:
    But there's little point in submitting it as a fix to github, as the latest version on github refers to the p15 file.
    Last edited by birdman; 05-08-20 at 17:42.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (05-08-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ...thanks again, so I need to update the ntp*.bb build file to reflect the correct version p13?

How come I picked up the one a level down from everybody else? Is it an alternative, and I got it when the default one happened to be unavailable?

I'll have a look in the logs to see if that was the case.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ..... The file meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb has the line.....

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... and has always used that folders structure (as far as I can tell as a total novice).

Code:
    https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commits/master/net/ntpd

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ..... The file meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb has the line.....

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz
    Yes, you could edit that (remove the ntp-4.2), run a build then undo the file edit.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    How come I picked up the one a level down from everybody else?
    You probably didn't. Everyone else picked it up before the middle of March....until then it was OK.

My suspicion is that the "correct" one was a restore, but wasn't put back to the correct location.

EDIT: I've mailed the maintainer to ask him to move them....
    Last edited by birdman; 05-08-20 at 20:06.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (05-08-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a mismatch when building ubuntu 20 (can't remember on what) so went back to 18.04 (or something similar) and didn't have an issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Ubuntu 18.04 is as solid as a rock for building current OE-A versions (4.3, 4.4) and I would suggest that anyone wanting to build their own images should stick with this version.......... maybe we wouldn‘t then see so many of the reported issues.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (05-08-20),Willo3092 (05-08-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Ubuntu 18.04 is as solid as a rock for building current OE-A versions (4.3, 4.4) and I would suggest that anyone wanting to build their own images should stick with this version.......... maybe we wouldn‘t then see so many of the reported issues.
    It's only the fact that mine seems to be working fine that stopped me updating to the latest

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I did three different machine builds with with no errors and a handful of warnings with Ubuntu 18.4.04.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    It's only the fact that mine seems to be working fine that stopped me updating to the latest
    I suspect that OpenVix4.xxx (or even Hades) was working fine as well, but people still updated to the latest version.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Finally got thru' with no errors, but loads of warnings.

Here's a summary.....

(1) Ubuntu 18.04 defaults to python2, which is needed to build yahooweather.

(2) Comment out the last line

CONNECTIVITY_CHECK_URIS ?= "https://www.example.com/"

FILE: ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/conf/distro/include/default-distrovars.inc

(3) Get correct checksum by removing ntp-4.2/ in the line

SRC_URI = "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-${PV}.tar.gz \

FILE: ~/openvix/build-enviroment/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/ntp/ntp_4.2.8p13.bb

(4) Put patch 0100-stime-call-gone.patch into ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu

Add reference to patch in ~/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu.inc

Post #165 https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post500915
    Thanks to all that helped, not convinced by all the warnings, mind.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks to all that helped, not convinced by all the warnings, mind.
    There have always been a lot of warnings.
    No doubt some of them turn into errors from time to time, but their presence doesn't seem to provide any impetus to those who add the code that introduced them to actually fix it (I think they're all config or patch-fuzz issues).

Personally I'd go with the Linux kernel build rule, which is that it has to build without any warnings when all warnings are turned on, but I'm not the person in charge,

17. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (08-08-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail

Smile

FWIW during the last couple of it seems to have been possible to build good working 5.4.001 (Release) images that work really well, at least for me, on my Zgemma H7S.

The "buglet" I asked about here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post498554
    even seems to be fixed (so far).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I still get the occasional fail before the build completes.

Don't know if it's a bug or just me but using the EPG-Refresh plugin, when changing the services, ie editing the xml file, it crashes the box. Also when using the X-Streamity plugin and internally editing the settings, ie editing the xml file, it doesn't save the changes. It's probably just the way I updated, I'll get around to doing another flash and restore at some stage before posting an official bug

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast