Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Build my own Vix image

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Getting a new error today whilst compiling the rtl8852cu part due to an argument list being too long. Attached is the compile log (hope it's the right log).

Not sweating it right now in case it gets corrected in the next few days.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Getting a new error today whilst compiling the rtl8852cu part due to an argument list being too long. Attached is the compile log (hope it's the right log).

Not sweating it right now in case it gets corrected in the next few days.
    A workaround would be to run the build from a place with a shorter pathname, since that is copied multiple times into each command line.

Bind-mount the build-environment somewhere (I put mine under /var/tmp/dev-build). Although the pathname change may (will?) mean you need to redo everything from scratch.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    A workaround would be to run the build from a place with a shorter pathname, since that is copied multiple times into each command line.

Bind-mount the build-environment somewhere (I put mine under /var/tmp/dev-build). Although the pathname change may (will?) mean you need to redo everything from scratch.
    Not familiar with that, so would I create the mount like this
    Code:
    mount --bind /media/lincsat/imagebuilder/openvixbuilder/build-enviroment /var/tmp/dev-build
    Then
    Code:
    cd /var/tmp/dev-build
    and run all the commands including make update and make image from there

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Not familiar with that, so would I create the mount like this
    Code:
    mount --bind /media/lincsat/imagebuilder/openvixbuilder/build-enviroment /var/tmp/dev-build
    Then
    Code:
    cd /var/tmp/dev-build
    and run all the commands including make update and make image from there
    Yes. (Or you can use mount -o bind ....they seem to be the same).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

lincsat (05-02-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The svn.streamboard.tv site has been offline for a few days causing builds to fail at the initial stage. Is there an easy way to disable the streamboard/oscam check temporally until the site is back online, maybe with a recipes-local file?
    It's down again.

The five *.bbappend files discussed here a couple of pages back still seem to work, at least to allow building, but I haven't tested the resulting oscams it builds.
    Zgemma H7S, Fixed 28.2°E dish, Freeview (Hannington). ABM Providers: [Sky UK; Thames Valley SD Custom; HD swap], [Freeview (UK); Berks and North Hants]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG61UK View Post
    It's down again.

The five *.bbappend files discussed here a couple of pages back still seem to work, at least to allow building, but I haven't tested the resulting oscams it builds.
    I've just built a 6.5.3.003 Dev image for a Zgemma H9SE without needing the files, so I guess streamboard is back online.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

BrianG61UK (03-04-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The oscam bitbake files have changed to use Hains repository. Those append files are not required and may actually cause an issue now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrianG61UK (05-04-24)

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445