Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4k x265 play back problem.

Title
    Thanks

4k x265 play back problem.

Hi I know is not a dedicated media player, but I was hoping it should be able to play back some down load 4k video (encode with x265). It plays but judders with sound drop in and out. It's a great receiver, hoping I've missed a setting somewhere. Any one else have a good or bad experience with this. Will try to upload so meta date from the various files in question.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No mate I had the same problem with my hd51. Certain files struggle to playback and there's nothing you can do about it.

Title
    Thanks
    That's a pity was hoping it was something I was doing wrong my end. It was advertised as being: Support for H.265 HEVC video decoding. May stream from the HD51 to my 4k fire stick see if that works. Is there a enigma 2 media player, as I mainly use the box for transmission torrents ( all 100% above board, I hasten to add).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckagain View Post
    That's a pity was hoping it was something I was doing wrong my end. It was advertised as being: Support for H.265 HEVC video decoding.
    What frame rate are files you're trying to play? I have also found some files will not show video, although audio is audible. It depends on framerate, container format and colour space. As software develops more container formats are added, but this is a moving beast.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    color depth and HDR can also cause problems. With the PC tools MediaInfo you can check at least the color depth (8, 10 or 12) are common.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Video
    Format....................: HEVC
    Format profile..........: Main 10@L5.1@High
    Bit rate....................: 49.6 Mb/s
    Width......................: 3 840 pixels
    Height.....................: 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio..: 16:9
    Frame rate..............: 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Stuckagain,
    Video
    Format....................: HEVC
    Format profile..........: Main 10@L5.1@High
    Bit rate....................: 49.6 Mb/s
    Width......................: 3 840 pixels
    Height.....................: 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio..: 16:9
    Frame rate..............: 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    The above codec specification is HEVC version 1 which should play fine on a Mut@nt HD51. I think what you show above has the same spec like this video, which plays in 4K and HDR on my Mut@nt, with no judder or audio drop. The VLC player codec tab shows this on my PC:
    Samsung_codec.jpg

Can you compare what the is the codec shown on VLC player, when you try to play your video on your PC? I wonder if the problem you mention is related to bad video encoding (some frames/timestamps may have been corrupted) rather than Mut@nt's ability to play it.

PS. If you provide a sample video I could try it on my Mut@nt to check if I get the same symptoms.
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    My PC is very old has a hard time with 1080p, not sure how to go about getting a sample. but here is the mediainfo Screenshot (20).jpg

Title
    Thanks
    From what I see briefly in your mediainfo the Mut@nt should be able to play the video. However, I don't know what it would make of the Dolby ATMOS audio, if you have set it to downmix it to stereo. You can try switching this to 'PassThrough' so it does not process it, but feeds the audio stream as is to your TV/AVR, which should eliminate problems with audio processing by the Mut@nt.
    Kind regards,

Mick

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

Stuckagain (03-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mick would it be possible for you to upload a sample file you know that works on you're Mutant HD51. That way i will know if it's a file or setup problem. Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Mick would it be possible for you to upload a sample file you know that works on you're Mutant HD51. That way i will know if it's a file or setup problem. Thanks
    I had a mut@nt hd51 for a week or so. I sold it after it struggled to play a lot of my 4k files. See attached info from the mediainfo app
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Stuckagain, please click on the "like this video" link I provided in my previous post. Download it with your PC, upload it to your Mut@nt and try to play it. There should be no juddering, tearing, or other video or audio problem and it should display in full 4k HDR on the TV. However, the audio on this sample is only stereo. I had a look on the interwebs for other samples containing H.265 video with Dolby-ATMOS audio, but couldn't find any in this instance. In any case, make sure you set your Audio settings to passthrough - see attached screenshot.
    BBC ONE Lon-362019-1712.jpg
    Kind regards,

Mick

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickkie For This Useful Post:

Stuckagain (03-06-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mick i've set Audio settings to passthrough, however I cant see the link for the sample mate.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Mick i've set Audio settings to passthrough, however I cant see the link for the sample mate.
    No probs, here you go:

https://4kmedia.org/ultra-hd-hdr-sam...mo-wonderland/
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Mick, that file worked . So it must be the files I have, may be audio part or some corruption that a PC does not have a problem with. Have you had any luck with 4k DTS or Atmos files. Thanks again for all your help mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast