Thanks

4k x265 play back problem.

Hi I know is not a dedicated media player, but I was hoping it should be able to play back some down load 4k video (encode with x265). It plays but judders with sound drop in and out. It's a great receiver, hoping I've missed a setting somewhere. Any one else have a good or bad experience with this. Will try to upload so meta date from the various files in question.

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    No mate I had the same problem with my hd51. Certain files struggle to playback and there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks
    That's a pity was hoping it was something I was doing wrong my end. It was advertised as being: Support for H.265 HEVC video decoding. May stream from the HD51 to my 4k fire stick see if that works. Is there a enigma 2 media player, as I mainly use the box for transmission torrents ( all 100% above board, I hasten to add).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckagain View Post
    That's a pity was hoping it was something I was doing wrong my end. It was advertised as being: Support for H.265 HEVC video decoding.
    What frame rate are files you're trying to play? I have also found some files will not show video, although audio is audible. It depends on framerate, container format and colour space. As software develops more container formats are added, but this is a moving beast.
    Kind regards,

Mick

ViX Beta Tester

Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Hi,
    color depth and HDR can also cause problems. With the PC tools MediaInfo you can check at least the color depth (8, 10 or 12) are common.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard