Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motor power cuts out after a few movements

Title
    Thanks

Motor power cuts out after a few movements

Just arrived purchased from you -Zgemma H7 twin tuner with OpenVix flashed . New Technomate TM2600 motor latest version. Motor set up using TM5402V2 - no problems . 1m aluminium dish with Invacom LNB.
    When the Zgemma is connected ( either tuner ) it is fine for moving to the first 2 or 3 satellites but after that the motor just goes dead, ( motor indicator lamp goes out ) requiring a power down and reboot. The same motor works fine with my Amiko HD 265 receiver and my old TM5402HD receiver.
    My guess is that the Zgem is sensing too much current, is there something to configure in the image for this?

Title
    Thanks
    for a long time there has been this issue with most (all ??) of the zgemma range. (i am not sure about the h9 models)
    I know that as a work around you can use a low power lnb that will solve the issue, like this one
    ***removed link***
    also.......
    I believe that the pure2 image has a fix for this issue, i cant test it myself as i have the low power lnb already on the zgemma's dish and the other dish uses a 36v ram.
    Would be interested to hear back your results
    Last edited by Sicilian; 02-05-19 at 20:36. Reason: removed link

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jammax View Post
    My understanding was the opposite of this..in other words some of these smaller receivers simply don't have a power supply which is capable of supplying enough current to drive certain motors...I have the Zgemma H7S..but I use a separate older receiver to drive a Technomate motor on a 1mtre dish...it's not convenient but I knew this was a possible issue when I bought this receiver...
    I spent some time trying to fix the issue right back when the sh1 models came out, tried different power supplies of various voltages / amperage but ultimately the voltage and amperage supplied to the motor/lnb is controlled by the boxes tuner.

Like i said above, the pure2 team have a fix that i cant test, simply try that image and see