Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DreamDroid with os mio 4k

Title
    Thanks

DreamDroid with os mio 4k

I edited my scanned services to give more meaningful names to the ones that just show a freq/sid using dreamboxEdit and uploaded to the os mio. For a short time, these service name changes were OK and then reverted to freq/sid. How do I make this a permanent change? I'm using the "The North American Project" version of the SatDreamGr image.

Title
    Thanks
    Doubt you get much help with that here. This is the OpenVix forum.

Title
    Thanks
    Anyway, turn off background scanning, then edit, and that should solve your problem. But turning off background scanning may effect other things. There are North American forums available that can help with your particular needs in this area. People here are very knowledgeable, and helpful. This is the best place to be for OpenVix issues.

Title
    Thanks
    I didn't see an option for background scanning with the north american project firmware. But, I rebooted to the OpenVIX firmware and the bouquets are looking good so far.

Title
    Thanks
    The option is available...
    OpenVix image runs great in North America. You should not have any issues with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eelstrebor View Post
    I didn't see an option for background scanning with the north american project firmware. But, I rebooted to the OpenVIX firmware and the bouquets are looking good so far.
    In the NA SatDreamGr image, how to disable Background scanning:

Menu/Setup/System/Customize and it's turned OFF by default. Turn it ON to disable it, and hit the green button to SAVE.

In OpenVIX, to disable background scanning, you go to Menu, Setup, Tuner Config, Miscellaneous.