Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Only two out of three DVB T2 tuners work

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only two out of three DVB T2 tuners work

Title
    Thanks

Only two out of three DVB T2 tuners work

5.2.030 is OK. 5.2.034 and 5.2.039 show the problem. When recording with two of the tuners, selecting to view or record a channel which would need the third tuner says "tune failed". I noticed that while 5.2.030 shows the tuners as DVB T2, the later versions 5.2.034 and 5.2.039 show the tuners as DVB-C/T2. Maybe the drivers have changed?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    If you look in Menu > Info > About it will tell you the date of the drivers attached to that image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    The drivers on the 5.2.030 (which works) are dated 2017-06-14. I don't know what the driver dates on the 5.2.034/5.2.039 are because I am obviously running the working version at the moment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts

Title
    Thanks
    Don't know. Does that apply to 5.2.034? It seems to follow the reference to 5.2.035. Also, what do the tuner settings need to be set to? As far as I recall the tuners were identified as DVB-C/T2 which as far as I know is what I have. Is there another setting related to the tuner that needs changing?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had to change mine, there are now 2 options as far as I can remember, one for DVB-C and the other for DVB-T/T2.

Mine are all DVB-C/T/T2 tuners.
    Last edited by ccs; 26-04-19 at 14:27.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (26-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I will have to install it again and see what options there are. My tuners are DVB-C/T2 according to the original order. I thought that was what it came up with when I checked, but I cannot be sure. Certainly the other option didn't seem appropriate (DVD-C, I think, but again, I cannot be sure).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is what I've got setup, T and T2 references are a bit random. (5.2.039)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I have re-flashed 5.2.039 again and checked the tuner configuration. It seems to come up with DVB-C/T2 for the tuner type and DVB-T2 for the mode selected, which I assume is correct. The only other choices are DVB-C or disabled. Back to 5.2.030!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    …. maybe a debug log will help?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    These are multi-type tuners. Apparently you can combine signal and they will work as required. You can now individually configure the modes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    …. maybe a debug log will help?
    Unfortunately debug logs weren't enabled. I have enabled them now but I am back to 5.2.030 for now.

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I have the problem again, and yet I am still running 5.2.030 which I previously decided was the older, working version. I have debug logs enabled so I don't know if helps - reference 1556830782.8. I can attach a copy here if that number doesn't help. The puzzling thing is that it seems to be happening at the same time exactly one week later. The Miraclebox will be trying to record the same two channels as last week. The symptoms are that whatever channel I select it says "tune failed" and I get a blank screen. The two recordings it was making are also blank. The only solution seems to be to remove the power, and it then works fine on all channels, including the two it was trying to record. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Keith

Title
    Thanks
    There seems to be an extra log with the same time (and a couple of others with an earlier date). They are labelled as debug logs rather than crash logs. I have attached the latest, and also a couple of others dated 28.4.19 - presumably from when I enabled logging.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keith1200rs View Post
    They are labelled as debug logs rather than crash logs.
    There is no crash, so there won't be any crash logs.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast