Hi,

Box : VU+ Duo 2
Chipset : Broadcom 7424
Image : 5.2.036 (Release)

I have been running OpenVix image for a few months now without any issue, however over the past week something has been bugging me.

When I select the menu button on my remote I get the menu options as expected, however now all I get as the first layer is :-

-
-
Timers
-
Standby and Reset

(where I have marked - my menu gui has nothing at all, and when I scroll the selector bar up and down the selector is solid white where there is no menu text displayed.

If I go into the top menu selection I get the next layer sub menu displayed. For this I then get displayed :-

Audio & video
Tuner config
EPG
User interface
-
Common interface
Softcam
Storage
-
-
HDMI CEC
ViX

Again, the - is as previously described, just totally blank. I can select on the blank areas, and again the next menu layer is displayed with some lines blank.

It's really bugging me as I can't seem to rectify it.

Also I've noticed that when I bring the box on out of standby, it no longer displays the last channel I had selected prior to going into standby. Instead, the box now comes up in Radio mode.

The EPG also no longer displays the date correctly in the pane above the channel listing. Scrolling to tomorrows listing, the date is displayed as 2019 10 and then the start of what looks like the character 'A' for April, but it's as if there is either not enough room to display the text (although there is), or a background exactly the same as the actual background is being overlaid on the date information making it look as though it is half deleted.

Everything else seems to be operating correctly and the box records correctly.

If someone with better knowledge than me (which will be most people in this area) can assist, I would be most grateful.

BNL