Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picon storage?

Title
    Thanks

Picon storage?

When I install the total picon package through local ectension file (ipk), it works but where are the picons stored? I can't find them.
    How can I configure the storage place to hdd?

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Think they are actually placed on the HDD when installing them via ipk. Just check your hdd folders.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    When I install the total picon package through local ectension file (ipk), it works but where are the picons stored? I can't find them.
    How can I configure the storage place to hdd?
    Not advised to store picons to a HDD. Internal flash if you have sufficient flash memory or a usb flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    They have been in my HDD before without any problems. They are not there any more because I removed them and installed the fresh picon extension file. Where do I guide the system to find the right path in my HDD? The picon update plugin has the path but obviously it doesn't work now. I remember that I have asked this before and got the answer. Why is it so difficult now?
    Last edited by rte; 05-04-19 at 16:33.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Choosing location of where to install picons in only possible when installing picons from the plugin server.

You could try creating a symlink before installing them. I believe DaveSayer has a plugin/script to let you decide where to install picons too.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't understand. Has the system been changed now? The picons must be installed somewhere because they are working perfectly. Thousands of small picon files take some space but my internal flash has memory enough. Where are they hiding now? Earlier I could spot the location directory, move it to my HDD and configure the path. Since the system is working allrigt this is not a big problem. But are they backed up in settings for reflashing?

Title
    Thanks
    It has not changed.

Installation:
    Install from plugin server: you get option of where to install.
    Install from ipk: it installs wherever the ipk is made to install. This is usually root of flash memory /picon

Picon location:
    There are a few locations it checks. You cannot guide it where to look on most images (only pure2 has the option). It has a set of locations to check and uses the one that has the picons.

Are you asking something that is not written in your posts?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

rte (05-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, now I found it when watching the internal flash view directly in my device. Watching it with my laptop through the ip-address of my receiver the whole flash view is not visible. I could probably move the picon directory in my device to the internal hdd but it is probably not necessary. Should I add the picon directory in my settings backup list.
    There is a saying that one idiot can ask more than a dozen of wise men can answer.

Title
    Thanks
    You could do, but will waste time during updates etc. Easier to download latest pack and install it if you use a picon set that is regulalry updated.

If you are using an old set with the odd update, then moving them would be a better option.

A software update will not remove the picons on internal flash. An image flash will.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

rte (05-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I have to add one funny observation. When I manually uppdated the windows 10 explorer directory view in my laptop the complete internal flash directory list popped up. I don't understand why it wasn't picked up automatically. Some old view was offered first. Now it is as it used to be.
    Thank you for your patience.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can use this sh file here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post480912

Edit the script to the location you want, add the install-picons.sh to user/script then run script runner to install

You can place the picon ipk in tmp and run the script when you want to install new ipk.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

rte (06-04-19)