Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Image manager

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image manager

Title
    Thanks

Image manager

Hi

Ultimo 4K on the latest image won't do an image backup. I do backups fairly regularly but since the latest upgrade, the backup hangs whilst "Backing up root file system" It generally takes around 5 mins but after about 20 mins I get a timeout error, which I 'ok' but the process keeps running (going by high cpu usage) until I reboot. I have tried doing an image backup several times but it always ends this way.

Backup manager still works ok.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Hi

Ultimo 4K on the latest image won't do an image backup. I do backups fairly regularly but since the latest upgrade, the backup hangs whilst "Backing up root file system" It generally takes around 5 mins but after about 20 mins I get a timeout error, which I 'ok' but the process keeps running (going by high cpu usage) until I reboot. I have tried doing an image backup several times but it always ends this way.

Backup manager still works ok.

Thanks
    Can you turn on debug logs menu/setup/system/Logs/settings -> enable debug logs and also save logs to HDD or usb
    Run the image backup and then post the log here? (Use e.g. filezilla to transfer the log from /media/hdd/logs or /media/usb/logs )
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (06-04-19),Sicilian (05-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I have done as you suggested. I rebooted, ran image manager up to when it timed out, quit it and rebooted again.

Log here:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Are you recording or time shifting at the same time of the backup?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    Yes he is !
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    I have done as you suggested. I rebooted, ran image manager up to when it timed out, quit it and rebooted again.

Log here:
    So have a look in this directory /media/hdd/imagebackups/openvix-vuultimo4k-release-temp and let me know the size of the files.
    ImageManager has backed up the main elements (kernel & root) and is trying to compress the root.

So what is attached as /media/HDD? is it internal or external?
    How much space is left on the device? If it is external is it powered?
    Do you have a lot of plugins etc installed?

Basically ImageManager appears to have run out of time (900 seconds), so either the root is really big, or there is an HDD issue (space, disk activity or its not self powered)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (06-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Yes he is !
    Haha thought so didn't know if that was timing it out

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    Not to my knowledge? There were no recordings taking place and I had just rebooted so wasn't in timeshift. When I rebooted after it had timed out I didn't get any warnings about recordings in progress or anything else.

After it has finished I am left with 3 folders in the directory. If I try to delete the folder 'openvix-vuultimo4k-release-mount', it crashes and does a gui restart and will keep doing that every time I try to delete the folder until it gets a full reboot. After a reboot, I can delete the folder without a problem.

I have tried saving to hdd and usb, same with both. 2 Tb (internal) hdd has 78% free, not many plugins installed at all, if any.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 05-04-19 at 17:09.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Do you have permanent timeshift switched on?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Do you have permanent timeshift switched on?
    Yes, enabled after 5 secs, saved to usb

Title
    Thanks
    Not to my knowledge? There were no recordings taking place and I had just rebooted so wasn't in timeshift. When I rebooted after it had timed out I didn't get any warnings about recordings in progress or anything else.

After it has finished I am left with 3 folders in the directory. If I try to delete the folder 'openvix-vuultimo4k-release-mount', it crashes and does a gui restart and will keep doing that every time I try to delete the folder until it gets a full reboot. After a reboot, I can delete the folder without a problem.

I have tried saving to hdd and usb, same with both. 2 Tb (internal) hdd has 78% free, not many plugins installed at all, if any.
    You certainly had timeshift running at the time .... how responsive is the box to remote commands at this point - the box seems to be having some resource issues.
    I have never had an issue deleting the temporary folder after this sort of issue (and I have had this many times when setting up a new receiver prior to releasing a new version to ViX) - you say it crashes in which case you should have crash logs??? Can you post them here? The fact that you cannot delete indicates some disk error which is cleared by the reboot.

In between times - although perhaps illogical (?!), can you remove the usb stick , transfer the timeshift to the hdd and try imagemanager again (if you have picons on the usb either run without (preferable) or copy to the hdd for the time being)

Also whats in flash memory (you might check menu/infomation/memory to see what is available to use)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (06-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I had timeshift running but I can't see how I was in timeshift because I went straight into the menu and ran image manager as soon as the box had booted up. I didn't change channel or pause it at all.

Crash log: Enigma2_crash_2019-04-05_18-50-18.log

Edit: removed the usb stick and changed timeshift to hdd, same result.

One thing I noticed was that whilst image manager was running I had a very brief spinner every minute or so which doesn't usually happen.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 05-04-19 at 19:09.

Title
    Thanks
    I had timeshift running but I can't see how I was in timeshift because I went straight into the menu and ran image manager as soon as the box had booted up. I didn't change channel or pause it at all.

Crash log: Enigma2_crash_2019-04-05_18-50-18.log

Edit: removed the usb stick and changed timeshift to hdd, same result.

One thing I noticed was that whilst image manager was running I had a very brief spinner every minute or so which doesn't usually happen.
    So I am assuming you have a hardware issue on the HDD. The crash log shows that the device is busy and stays that way until the reboot resets the channel connection between the receiver and HDD - so I guess its in some error recovery.
    The code is common to all receivers and has been the same for a long while ......but also the logs all suggest some hardware issue.
    You could try entering via telnet
    Code:
    init 4 
    umount -a 
    e2fsck -f -C 0 -v /dev/sdx1
    but I guess you are going to have to try to re-initialse (menu/setup/storage/Initialise devices )

looking again at the crash log I am seeing :
    <3>[14533.515536] Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 557056
    <4>[14533.521643] lost page write due to I/O error on sdb1
    <3>[14533.526640] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal superblock for sdb1-8.

but Iam guessing this is the usb? what dev is your hdd actually on?
    Last edited by twol; 05-04-19 at 20:23.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    It was exactly the same saving to hdd and usb. If the hdd is the issue, then why would it fail when saving to usb? The hdd is only 3 months old and it has never given me a problem.

Title
    Thanks
    It was exactly the same saving to hdd and usb. If the hdd is the issue, then why would it fail when saving to usb? The hdd is only 3 months old and it has never given me a problem.
    I realise that but can you answer Q‘s on post #13? Whether it has never given an issue or not the log is showing issues
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast