Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: loss of channels on sf8008

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Have you tried different port on router? It should not be image, but try it to rule things out. Best to get receiver replaced if network port has gone faulty.

Title
    Thanks
    tried it, showing same results "your internet is not working"

Title
    Thanks
    I did and showing same results "your internet is not working"
    Is it poss there is a fault on receiver ??
    I can connect laptop/phones etc
    Last edited by Radders; 26-03-19 at 21:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,I had the same issue.I assume you bought from WOS if so raise a ticket with support.My box was returned and main board replaced,been ok since.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jsaw For This Useful Post:

Radders (27-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    correct jsaw, I did by from WOS, I will do what you said and contact them

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hopefully it will get sorted for you. WoS are a great company and will swiftly get you sorted I’m sure. The SF8008 is a fantastic receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-03-19),Radders (27-03-19),Sicilian (27-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Just like to say a big thanks to you and all other members on the forum who tried to resole and rectify my problem with receiver.
    Your right Andy, it seemed a good receiver until I lost connection to internet.
    I tried 2 other receivers on the same modem last night, a zgemma and amiko and both connected fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaw View Post
    Hi,I had the same issue.I assume you bought from WOS if so raise a ticket with support.My box was returned and main board replaced,been ok since.
    I am looking to purchase new Octagon 4k twin satellite dvb- s2x receiver due in into the shop anytime soon, should I be worried about these "mainboard issues"?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    I am looking to purchase new Octagon 4k twin satellite dvb- s2x receiver due in into the shop anytime soon, should I be worried about these "mainboard issues"?
    No don’t be worried. Your receiver will be under warranty if you encounter any problems. I have the 1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial model and have no issues, but I am awaiting the 2x Satellite version too. Its a fantastic receiver, brilliant for satellite, IPTV (using Stalker) and Kodi. Ticks all the boxes with me.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    No - if it was a general issue there would be posts all over the forums - as with all technology you can have failures, both at source (delivered box) or through an "accident" e.g. pulling out a hdmi cable or powering off a working box..... but incidents are rare.
    If you saw what I do to my boxes (and apart from a lightning strike) - they survive! , you wouldn't worry.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Service was brilliant,posted back to them Monday had the box back Thursday.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    No don’t be worried. Your receiver will be under warranty if you encounter any problems. I have the 1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial model and have no issues, but I am awaiting the 2x Satellite version too. Its a fantastic receiver, brilliant for satellite, IPTV (using Stalker) and Kodi. Ticks all the boxes with me.

ok, thanks for feedback, will order the twin satellite version when its in the shop. I was looking at the VU+ SOLO 4K TWIN SAT, but that's £240.00 which is way, way pricier than new ZGEMMA and OCTAGON equivalent.
    I currently have a VU+ ZERO 4K and a ZGEMMA 9S as back up and to be honest I see no difference in picture quality or speed( both excellent) even the remote control on ZEGEMMA feels quite nice, which historically was always a let down in most cheaper receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update on receiver.
    Spoke with WOS support today and they suggested I re flash receiver as previuosly sugested by Abu.
    I got in from work and decided to re flash box upstairs as I have a tp-link ethernet power line for my amiko upstairs, but before I flashed box I decided to give it one more try.
    Low and behold I got the receiver working and connected to the internet, so the receiver did'nt have a problem after all.
    Brought receiver back down stairs and connected direct into modem and guess what, NO INTERNET CONNECTION.
    I then connected receiver via tp-link ethernet power line and it was up and running again, happy days.
    I presume the ip of the receiver has been blocked ???, yet my other receivers work through modem

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Radders For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Are you manually setting IP address or are you using DHCP?

Does your receiver have a valid MAC address?

Title
    Thanks
    I am using DHCP for ip address and checked for a mac address, which is visable, I pressed green button to save and it reconfigured network, will that solve the problem ??
    Answered my own question, it does'nt solve the problem still not connecting through modem !!
    Last edited by Radders; 28-03-19 at 09:16.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast