Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: loss of channels on sf8008

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have 4 ports on router in use plus many switches in use and no issues.Wonder if it has a lan port issue?

Title
    Thanks
    go into network to see how many dns name servers you have, if there is only 2 press blue to add new name server, I had the same problem with 3 ethernet cables going into my vm router.
    I added another one and got connection through lan.
    Its worth a try

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    @Radders, Can you post a screenshot of your settings

Title
    Thanks
    On that screen shot you have posted, press blue button and it will give you the option to add new dns besides primary and secondary dns . Enter 194.168.10.100 and press green to save, check to see if lights are flashing at ethernet port and box and modem.
    If its flashing restart box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i also have problems with network on my octagon my solution is turn off octagon and reset router,seems to sort problem,also now and again it does not show the receiver
    ip address but seems to work ok.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I’ve never encountered any network issues on my SF8008. Bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I have never had any network issue on my sf8008 either..

Title
    Thanks
    I have another SF8008 for my parents and that has been sweet and no issues. However i bought that 6 months ago. This box was bought about a month ago. Will try the 3rd DNS suggestion.

Title
    Thanks
    I know this is an old post but any updates? I have 2 SF8008's the cable/sat at mine and sat at my folks. Never had any issues with network on mine but a while ago noticed no connection at my folks had a good check as nothing had changed and eventually managed to get it connecting after restarting the network. Just gone to update box again today and again no connection, this time couldn't get get it back, factory restored the router flashed the box, followed tips on here and got nowhere, luckily found a WiFi adaptor what I used a few years ago and back to having connection, can't figure out what's amiss when connected directly and didn't have the time to do anything else to be honest, no settings had been changed and my dad said not even powered off just let's it sit in standby each night.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345