Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vix Menus Not Showing

Title
    Thanks

Vix Menus Not Showing

Morning folks, will try to explain this as best as I can. I recently got a Technomate Nano 3T Combo and installed Vix. I just have one feed into it (satellite cable). Everything works fine for a few hours but then the onscreen menus disappear. So if I hit the menu button on the remote nothing happens onscreen but it changes the text on the front panel of the box to menu. If I am on channel 4 for instance and change the channel to channel 5 the text on the front of the box changes to channel 5 but the TV is still showing channel 4!

Now this is where it gets really confusing! I have the 3 rca cables coming out of the back of the box going to a triax tri-link which feeds to tvs throughout the house. I went to the room next door which receives the feed from the triax (also have a digital eye in that room) and tried hitting the menu buttons, going through channels etc and everything works, displays & changes fine! Went back into the main TV which is fed through the hdmi and it was still on the same channel as before.

The only way I can get the menus, channel changes etc to work again on the main TV is to turn the box on and off again.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time in reading this
    DD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    So when you have this situation, and you go go to menus etc in the MAIN room what happens in the other room(s) do they change with teh display?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So when you have this situation, and you go go to menus etc in the MAIN room what happens in the other room(s) do they change with teh display?
    Yes, TV's in the other rooms display what is supposed to be displaying as in what is displayed on the text on the front panel of the box

Title
    Thanks
    So its only supporting the rca outputs, or perhaps cannot handle LCD, hdmi and rca at the same time.
    Try turning the display off or change output option to not display the OSD (setup/user menu)

Is it setup to output to hdmi or rca??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So its only supporting the rca outputs, or perhaps cannot handle LCD, hdmi and rca at the same time.
    Try turning the display off or change output option to not display the OSD (setup/user menu)

Is it setup to output to hdmi or rca??
    When I installed Vix it was set to HDMI. It runs fine once I reboot but after a few hours when I hit a button on the remote nothing happens onscreen but the front display panel changes to whatever I am doing on the remote. So everything is displaying correctly regarding RCA and over HDMI it shows the picture and sound fine but nothing happens onscreen when using the remote. One thing I do notice however that the volume on the box will go up and down over the TV connected to HDMI but it doesn't show the onscreen graphic slider for the volume.

Title
    Thanks
    As posted try turning off teh LCD display or change output option for lcd.... reboot afterwards
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners: