Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two receivers, one motorized system, and a couple of hiccups.

Title
    Thanks

Two receivers, one motorized system, and a couple of hiccups.

Hi there,

As the title says, I got one Vu+Solo2 in my bedroom running a cable to a twin dual output LNB. And then another Mutant HD51 in the living room. The mutant is controlling the motorized system as is set up as this in tuner configuration. The VU+ is set up as a simple tuner pointing at 19.2 Astra. So obviously I can only watch TV upstairs when the dish is pointing at 19.2.

I am ok with that. The problem is, sometimes, even when I leave the dish pointing at 19.2 downstairs, I can not receive any channels upstairs, so I need to move the dish to another satellite, and then back to 19.2.

Do you guys think the dish may have been misaligned and the signal is not as strong as it should be? Does anyone know why this is occurring? How much would it be to pay a satellite installer to realign the dish? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there, do you pick up all 19.2 channels/transponders and also other satellites ok using Mutant?

Title
    Thanks
    As far as I know yes I do pick up most of the channels in 19.2 although I watch mainly Spanish channels. But as I said in my original post, sometimes, for some unknown reason, the the picture disappears upstairs (VU+) and I have to change satellites from 19.2 to 28.2 and again to 19.2 (Mutant) to recover picture upstairs.

Last edited by spiderman01; 21-03-19 at 16:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Do you pick up other satellites ok with Mutant? if so dish should be aligned ok.
    Also try scanning 19.2 both with vu+ and Mutant, might be some channels need updating.

Title
    Thanks
    I pick up quite a few satellites with the Mutant HD51 (28.2, 19.2, 13.0 etc) and all seems OK. I don't scan channels but I do upload channel lists from vhannibal so I don't think that's the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    It won't take long to scan 19.2 then you can check signal strength on receivers, that might help you in finding out if dish is slightly misaligned.

Title
    Thanks
    Very true. However, why can I see 19.2 channels downstairs in MutantHD51 and, as I
    Say, seldomly, the picture disappears upstairs in VU+Solo 2?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Tuners have different sensitivities. Cabling in terms of length and quality also have effect. There may be some play in the motor too.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If i may i have solo2 in extension controlling motor on one tuner.Other tuner is fixed on 28.2 feed
    Feed from motorised on et 8000
    Client mode on tm nano se from solo2.
    I mainly look at 19.2 on tm and et but if i change sat on the tm it controls the movement to other sat say 13.0.
    My et 8000 then wont show channels on 19.2 as its moved to 13.0 but they are viewable.
    Also using vhannibal auto update.
    Maybe you need to check favourites and move to other list to view?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman01 View Post
    Very true. However, why can I see 19.2 channels downstairs in MutantHD51 and, as I
    Say, seldomly, the picture disappears upstairs in VU+Solo 2?

as Abu says, receivers have different sensitive signal capabilities.
    You really need to check signal strength from satellites on your motorised side to eliminate misalignment as the issue.If you find thatyou are not picking some channels or some transponders from these satellites then dish alignment is problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    If i may i have solo2 in extension controlling motor on one tuner.Other tuner is fixed on 28.2 feed
    Feed from motorised on et 8000
    Client mode on tm nano se from solo2.
    I mainly look at 19.2 on tm and et but if i change sat on the tm it controls the movement to other sat say 13.0.
    My et 8000 then wont show channels on 19.2 as its moved to 13.0 but they are viewable.
    Also using vhannibal auto update.
    Maybe you need to check favourites and move to other list to view?
    You should have started your own thread mate.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am not having issues as i thought it might be of use,maybe not for you,no worries.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    as Abu says, receivers have different sensitive signal capabilities.
    You really need to check signal strength from satellites on your motorised side to eliminate misalignment as the issue.If you find thatyou are not picking some channels or some transponders from these satellites then dish alignment is problem.
    Thank you very much for your help mate. I think this may be the issue. I will try to check signal strength when I get a couple of days off and I will let you know.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Why don’t you forget using the tuner on the solo and use client mode on it instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Why don’t you forget using the tuner on the solo and use client mode on it instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would love to know go to do that!!! Lol. Could you please direct me to a guide where I can learn how to do it please? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast