Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dolby HD/Atmos On SF8008

Title
    Thanks

Dolby HD/Atmos On SF8008

Hi,

I have a SF8008 and am very pleased with it. Are there any plans to add Dolby HD/Atmos support to this box. All flavours of DTS appear to work fine with my audio receiver, but Dolby HD/Atmos cause the video to stutter and the sound comes out as AC3. I get this with the OpenATV and Open Vix builds.

Regards
    Tony

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't think it is planned. TrueHD is supposed to downmix to stereo only (no passthrough) but is usually stutters as you have found. Hopefully that will be fixed. But having proper DTS playback is still a big improvement over other boxes which can only play/pass the DTS core track.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

tonycart (19-03-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I doubt that is something updates can fix. What file exactly was it stuttering on?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Most/all TrueHD tracks seem to cause playback to stutter. It was claimed that playback with downmix was working a few months ago so hardware seems to support it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    I doubt that is something updates can fix. What file exactly was it stuttering on?
    Hi,

I have various files which have a Dolby Atmos track. When I try to play these files the video stutters and it is downmixed. I can get around this by selecting the AC3 audio track. I was just hoping that drivers would be provided for Dolby HD/Atmos as they have been provided for DTS HD/DTS-X.

Regards
    Tony

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think only downmix was announced so even if that is fixed thats all that is likely to be available. Also its more than drivers required - the hardware must have the codecs. But we can live in hope - if passthrough comes along I will be delighted as I still have to plug in an android box running libreelec to play files with Atmos/TrueHD. My bluray player will not play them from files - just discs and my Solo2 nearly had a heart attack when I tried. But at least things are moving in the right direction with proper DTS support.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

tonycart (19-03-19)