Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote inputs?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Remote inputs?

Hi guys

Does this receiver allow you to change remote inputs?

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    If I were you, I'd invest in a decent harmony remote, then you can choose boxes (and tvs etc) based on what they can do, not on which remotes they support.

My harmonies are still going strong after 10+ years.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    If I were you, I'd invest in a decent harmony remote, then you can choose boxes (and tvs etc) based on what they can do, not on which remotes they support.

My harmonies are still going strong after 10+ years.
    I was researching harmony remotes but they sound really tedious to set up. My cousin has one which i will borrow and see how it is.
    Which model harmony do you have?

But i still would like to know if you could change the inputs.

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I started with a harmony one plus (expensive at the time and no longer available).

After about 7 years, the battery started to bulge, harmony replaced the whole unit foc with an ultimate, again an expensive remote.

I would never describe the set up as tedious.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I started with a harmony one plus (expensive at the time and no longer available).

After about 7 years, the battery started to bulge, harmony replaced the whole unit foc with an ultimate, again an expensive remote.

I would never describe the set up as tedious.
    What model would you recommend someone to get?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    What model would you recommend someone to get?
    I don't know, really. The variation in prices is crazy, maybe someone who has one of the current range can advise.

Code:
    https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/harmony-universal-remotes
    Models no longer on their site can often be found elsewhere for bargain prices!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dam bought one many years ago and not used it,i thought first post was asking if a different code could be used like if you had a vu solo and duo in the same room and wanted to change a remote code?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't know, really. The variation in prices is crazy, maybe someone who has one of the current range can advise.

Code:
    https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/harmony-universal-remotes
    Models no longer on their site can often be found elsewhere for bargain prices!
    So if you get this for example, you have to map every button or is there like a template which you download or something?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So if you get this for example, you have to map every button or is there like a template which you download or something?
    You run MyHarmony, provided by Logitech, register your remote, and then tell it the devices you want to control.
    There is a massive database with pretty much every device on it.

In theory you don't need to map any buttons, but in practice, you'll need to learn some commands from the original remote or remap some keys.

Not every key you want will be on the harmony, you need to swap them around a bit. I've never found that an issue.

Have a look on their website, it tells you how to set up all their remotes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-03-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You run MyHarmony, provided by Logitech, register your remote, and then tell it the devices you want to control.
    There is a massive database with pretty much every device on it.

In theory you don't need to map any buttons, but in practice, you'll need to learn some commands from the original remote or remap some keys.

Not every key you want will be on the harmony, you need to swap them around a bit. I've never found that an issue.

Have a look on their website, it tells you how to set up all their remotes.
    Ok interesting. Thanks for your input. If i am not mistaken my cousin will borrow or give me the harmony one remote. Looking on amazon it says i will need the CD but i think he has lost it. Would that be a problem?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I also find the setup tedious but only with the mobile app which is terrible in my eyes. The desktop app, at least the windows one, is quite fast. My favorite is the Smart Companion as it has quite a lot of button and when the hub is placed correctly you never will have a problem with line of sight and it is one of the cheaper remotes.

If there are questions perhaps I can help. I have 200/700 and several hubs with Harmony Touch (Ultimate), 950 (Elite), Smart Control, Smart Companion or Smart Keyboard as remotes. I have 5 rooms with home entertainment and all are controlled by Harmony and Alexa:-)

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

ccs (18-03-19)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ok interesting. Thanks for your input. If i am not mistaken my cousin will borrow or give me the harmony one remote. Looking on amazon it says i will need the CD but i think he has lost it. Would that be a problem?
    You don't need a cd, but I suspect you won't like the harmony one, it hasn't got any coloured buttons, only ones on the touch screen - I managed ok, though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    simply open myharmony.com with your browser and it will guide you the the desktop app. On mobile device simply search for harmony.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You don't need a cd, but I suspect you won't like the harmony one, it hasn't got any coloured buttons, only ones on the touch screen - I managed ok, though.
    oh yh i just realized that. See it is that kinda thing which would indicate to me it is not as user friendly as using the standard remote. I know i will just be ten times slower navigating through my receiver. I guess it is just getting used to.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can somebody check that the zgemma h9 twin receiver allows you to change the remote input to the xtrend one. I plan to buy this receiver for my parents who use xtrend remote in the living room. I need to get one for the bedroom. I have a spare remote and I need to know.
    Thanks