Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crash on Service Information Tuner Setting Values

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Crash on Service Information Tuner Setting Values

Title
    Thanks

Crash on Service Information Tuner Setting Values

When clicking in the service information on the blue button (Tuner settings values) the system crashes. Could repete this behaviour twice

Unfortunately I cannot read out any fatal error on the crash log. Can you try this out yourself?

Here is the crash log

Thanks for having an eye on it
    nekrub2

Enigma2_crash_2019-03-16_23-56-15.log
    Enigma2_crash_2019-03-17_15-23-47.log
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Error is this, I reckon.....
    <185541.059> [ActionMap] Keymap 'ColorActions' -> Action = 'blue'
    <185541.067> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <185541.067> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 51, in action
    <185541.067> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ServiceInfo.py", line 269, in ShowTransponderInformation
    <185541.067> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ServiceInfo.py", line 296, in getFEData
    <185541.068> NameError: global name 'eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite' is not defined
    <185541.068> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x5d27a698>>,('ColorActions', 'blue')) failed)

Title
    Thanks
    I can confirm the crash! Just tried on my Solo2.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spanner123 For This Useful Post:

nekrub2 (17-03-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can confirm this does indeed cause a BSoD on my Solo2.

I doubt it effects just Solo2 though because looking at code it looks like it should affect at very least any box with DVB-S tuner.

Submitted pull request here.

Tested as working on my Solo2. Unable to confirm this fix works with other boxes but don't see why not!

For anyone who does suffer from this issue, can you please try adding the attached 'ServiceInfo.py' file to the following location and reboot your box:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bbbuk; 17-03-19 at 19:43.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-03-19),nekrub2 (17-03-19),Sicilian (19-03-19),spanner123 (17-03-19),widar (18-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I can confirm this does indeed cause a BSoD on my Solo2.

I doubt it effects just Solo2 though because looking at code it looks like it should affect at very least any box with DVB-S tuner.

Submitted pull request here.

Tested as working on my Solo2. Unable to confirm this fix works with other boxes but don't see why not!

For anyone who does suffer from this issue, can you please try adding the attached 'ServiceInfo.py' file to the following location and reboot your box:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
    Confirmed working on my Solo2. Thanks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spanner123 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (17-03-19),nekrub2 (17-03-19),Sicilian (19-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    When clicking in the service information on the blue button (Tuner settings values) the system crashes. Could repete this behaviour twice

Unfortunately I cannot read out any fatal error on the crash log. Can you try this out yourself?

Here is the crash log

Thanks for having an eye on it
    nekrub2

Enigma2_crash_2019-03-16_23-56-15.log
    Enigma2_crash_2019-03-17_15-23-47.log
    you do not have to upload the log files . i had the crash myself and as a new & very happy user of the OpenVix firmware with a Vu+ Duo2 ; there are some settings where you insert your forum name and email : after adding these you can send the logs directly with the box connected to the web .

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grml4D View Post
    you do not have to upload the log files . i had the crash myself and as a new & very happy user of the OpenVix firmware with a Vu+ Duo2 ; there are some settings where you insert your forum name and email : after adding these you can send the logs directly with the box connected to the web .
    Posting logs here is the preferred option, sending logs as you suggest is very unlikely to get looked at.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I don't think anyone reads those logs that are e-mailed. You should get an automated response to upload them to the forum anyway.

The issue should be fixed in 5.2 034. If it still persists, please upload the crash log as an attachment.

Title
    Thanks
    may be the logs should be readable inside the forum...?
    with the number order and when bug is solved the "topic" is stored

that could be great to send settings of receivers using the same method . when a new image is made then user upload them with its usb [or by web] . that can help especially those with a motor that have used optimization of satellites ' position .

[i had few troubles when the dishe was having no signal to have this tools start..]

Title
    Thanks
    What image are you on?
    Do you still get the crash?

It would be better for you to take proper screenshots instead of using a camera to take pictures. See link below
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    may be the logs should be readable inside the forum...?
    You mean user receiver to craete a post on forum with crash log. If so, start a thread in feedback section

that could be great to send settings of receivers using the same method . when a new image is made then user upload them with its usb [or by web] . that can help especially those with a motor that have used optimization of satellites ' position .
    We have this already.

Read the ViX manual or see this thread
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-and-Restores/

Title
    Thanks
    Dear all

I fully agree with you that is much better to attach the logs directly to the posting and there should be no other way. As a consequence the blue "send" option in the Log Manger should be removed.

What do you think of this suggestion?
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You mean user receiver to create a post on forum with crash log. If so, start a thread in feedback section

We have this already.

Read the ViX manual or see this thread
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-and-Restores/
    photos are not perfects but catch "all messages" ... i did not knew about the browser tricks... they are cool but not easy to handle.. camera has no "memory" troubles or else ; some warning messages are so fast that only recording video is the way to read them .

this is the idea : to create a post with as title the number / info of the reported crash .
    may be that post could be more looking like a "news" board ?
    of course that should also need an automatic-reading to prevent spamming and report the number of "hits" of the bug .

backup & restore : good idea but my idea is to backup only settings . like with chrome/firefox keeping passwords if you use the "email" logging of browsers .
    mainly settings like the calibrated position of the satellites are "needing" a save [or tv lists...] and are a super boost for updating firmware without fears of headaches .

i want to make a topic about few ideas i have for the firmware updates , i am ok ;'] but i roam to learn well what is offering the image as it . by now i search about a topic showing all menus and shortcuts .. it is not easy to remind or understand menu from the 4 colors keys ..
    the keyboard is also a good add ... but except the arrows to show channels ...it is not very used [sadly] [or i do not get it ] .
    may be with keys F1 ....F12 there a lot of menu to open ... ? it is cooler than remotes ...
    you can think of adding print screen..

the image of "video dedicated keyb" are always making me "mouth watering"
    http://editorskeyboard.com/en/avid.html

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    backup & restore : good idea but my idea is to backup only settings . like with chrome/firefox keeping passwords if you use the "email" logging of browsers .
    mainly settings like the calibrated position of the satellites are "needing" a save [or tv lists...] and are a super boost for updating firmware without fears of headaches .
    Have another look at the thread mentioned in #11.