Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Multiboot and Kodi Plugin - How to change the location to usr/share/ or to /home/root/ ?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Multiboot and Kodi Plugin - How to change the location to usr/share/ or to /home/root/ ?

Title
    Thanks

Multiboot and Kodi Plugin - How to change the location to usr/share/ or to /home/root/ ?

Hello
    I thank the OpenVix team for their hard work in developing this image.
    Image works fantastic. I tried more images, but OpenVIX is by far the fastest.
    I tried the image in flesh, but also in multiboot (with more options in the flesh: Opendroid, Egami, and also through the NeoBoot2 plugin, where I installed PurE2 with two partitions in my flesh). OpenVIX works very well in all options, even great. Also, all plugins work perfectly. Even the Kodi plugin.
    Otherwise, the Kodi plugin is installed on location /media/hdd/.kodi/. However, I would love if it is possible to change the location: to have the Kodi plugin installed in
    /...Plugins/Extensions/,
    /usr/share/Kodi/ or in
    /home/root/Kodi/.
    It would be great if the wizard of the installation offered to choose which location we want to install the Kodi plugin. As with the KodiLite plugin for the DM800SE. Since all images of the Kodi plugin are installed at /media/hdd/.kodi/, it would be great to have at least one image that the Kodi plugin installs at another location. This would allow us to have two versions of the Kodi plugin (if I installed several versions of OpenVIX in multiboot, I would also have several versions of the Kodi plugin - with various Builds, addons, skins, etc ...). I think it would be best if this is realized with multiboot in OEA images, such as Opendroid, OpenATV, maybe Egami, I'm not sure. NeoBoot plugin is pretty unstable. They are still working on its development, and it would be fantastic if it could match up with PurE2 image with two partitions in flash (thus gaining additional memory)
    I hope you like my idea, and you will work on it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The plugin installs to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi
    /media/hdd/.kodi is your kodi settings folder.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

balkanac (15-03-19),zozman (14-11-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I know.
    And other images from multiboot use the settings from that folder(Opendroid, PurE2). That practically means that all the images have the same Kodi plugin, right? This means that such a multiboot does not make sense, because it does not offer complete diversity. Most images use settings from /media/hdd/.kodi, practically it is the Kodi plugin with identical build and addons in all images. In order to have diversity we need a image whose settings will not be in /media/hdd/.kodi, but at another location.
    If there was an installation wizard for the Kodi plugin, this would allow the settings folder to be located in some other location (/usr/share/kodi, or /home/root/kodi/). Then, in multiboot, under different names, I could install OpenVIX many times, right? And that in each OpenVIX there's a Kodi plugin with different builds, addons, etc..That would be perfect ....

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The plugin decides where it installs, not the images. The hdd will always be the same. Perhaps you can ask the plugin developers to specify a folder?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I prefer that I can just install the Kodi plugin and all the configuration is already setup because I save the .kodi directory on hdd.
    My .kodi directory is over 400mb so maybe it's too big to save to internal flash?

Title
    Thanks
    @ abu banaz
    Yes, I guess the plugin determines where to install. How to contact developers working on the Kodi plugin for enigma2 devices? I would like to write to them about this, but I do not know who they are. If anyone knows who these guys are, please contact the contact information.

@Willo3092
    The image in the flesh is perfect for the location /media/hdd/.kodi/. This should not be changed. But all other images in multiboot are actually on the HDD and memory problem, it's not really a problem. Therefore, the Kodi plugin can also be installed in standard locations:
    /...Plugins/Extensions/,
    / usr / share / Kodi / or in
    / home / root / Kodi /.

There is a special plugin for installing the Kodilite plugin called Kodiliteinstaller 2.0
    This is a recommendation to use it:
    "Enigma2 plugin KodiliteInstaller unzip and via ftp copy plugin to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions - and restart enigma2.
    After, put enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodilite_5.0_r0_all.ipk in the folder tmp
    Start kodiinstaller and select one of the options offered: /media/hdd/, /media/usb/, /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ or /usr/share/.
    After first time start of KodiLite - Exit and Restart enigma. Please note that any already installed KodiLite will be deleted.
    Installing KodiLite externally can make some operations faster and also useful for boxes with limited flash memory."

This is an example of how it is resolved that the Kodi plugin works on low-memory devices.
    It is only necessary that the developers who make the Kodi plugin make a similar installer
    So the solution exists. Only the good will of the programmer is needed. I guess the developers who make OpenVIX have contacts with developers who make the Kodi plugin. I believe and I hope my proposal will be embedded and implemented in the Kodi plugin 18 (I do not have any information, but I hope it is made for enigma2 devices)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I do see what you're saying, but how many other people want a different Kodi setup on each multiboot partition?
    I like the fact that I only need to install the plugin on any partition and my Kodi is up and running just as I like it.
    I've even saved my .kodi directory and copy it to other receivers so that I don't have to bother setting up from scratch.

As a workaround why don't you have several .kodi folders on the hdd and rename them as required? .kodi1, .kodi2, .kodi3 etc.
    You could rename them with a script.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Multiboot receivers install images on internal flash memory. Different partitions are used.

OpenMultiboot plugin installs images on HDD.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (15-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    @Willo3092
    )That's what you're talking about.
    What you're talking about, you're all right. What I'm talking about is one more possibility.
    Tell me what I need to do on the HDD I have multiple folders for several different settings for the Kodi plugin (.kodi1, .kodi2, .kodi3, etc ..) ?
    What is the script, where is it? I guess it needs to be set up in different images of the Kodi plugin to find "own" Kodi settings?
    I want to try this tonight, please explain to me ...
    thanks

@ abu baniaz
    Multiboot receivers are great. The only disadvantage is that all images in multiboot use the same settings of the Kodi plugin. You can have 4 images in multiboot, with various plugins, but they all have the same Kodi + build. And I want 4 images with 4 different builds for Kodi plugin.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm no expert on Kodi or scripting I'm afraid. I would try manual renaming first.
    I would try renaming the existing .kodi directory to .kodi1 and then launch Kodi and see if it creates a new .kodi folder. It may only create it on installing the plugin, I'm not sure.
    If that works then you can do it multiple times and then you can think about writing a script to automate the process.

Title
    Thanks
    @Willo3092
    Yes, I tried according to your instructions. I renamed the folder /media/hdd/.code, in .kodi_1.
    Then I started the Kodi plugin and there are no addons installed, so empty-clean Kodi are starting. Of course, he created a new folder in /media/hdd/ under the name .kodi
    So, your idea is great. It is necessary to find configuration files and edit them so that Kodi plugin know that they need to be connected to .kodi_1, instead of .kodi.
    The question is how to do it, what are the files and where are they located?
    Do you perhaps know that, and do you have any idea about this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So does Kodi create new config files when you set it up in the new folder?
    I wouldn't try and alter the plugin, I would go for renaming the .kodi folders and make sure it works first.

Title
    Thanks
    The new folder that was created at the start of the Kodi plugin (/media/hdd/.kodi), I renamed in .kodi_X, and the old .kodi folder I previously renamed to .kodi_1 earlier, I renamed it again to the .kodi. I started the Kodi plugin and everything works as before. Build and all installed addons are here.
    I can not find the configuration files that the Kodi plugin shows when starting the path to build and addons, or to /media/hdd/.kodi folder. I do not know where they could be? In ... / Plugins / Extensions / Kodi do not have files with today's creation date. Also, I checked in /usr/share/kodi. I also checked the files in /media/hdd/.kodi (I do not think there is much logic to find it here)
    Do you have an idea, where else could I check?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry mate, no idea. I only use Kodi to scrape my own movie collection. Never really looked into the configuration.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

balkanac (15-03-19)