Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: cant get xtream 0.1.1 version on my solo 4k

Title
    Thanks

cant get xtream 0.1.1 version on my solo 4k

hi i have 2 questions about xtreamtv , hope its the correct section....1st is this the right file type, for vu solo4k boxes........ XtreamTV_0.1.1_arm7a.ipk and second when i opkg install the full line from my provider im getting......wget returned 8 error....... same results on putty and dcc, anyone know what this means thx in advance folks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It sounds like a server error, can you download the IPK from web browser? Just copy the http or https to .ipk and paste in web browser and see if it downloads.

What image and version number are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    thx for ur reply i just i posted in the wrong section oops ....im using latest openvix 5.2.029(release) on a vu solo4k, but am i right that i use the arm7a. ipk. thanks dsayers ill try that now m8

Title
    Thanks
    wont work on browser either cheers dsyers at least i know the problem ill try getting on to them if they even answer back

Title
    Thanks
    That sounds like the right version of Xtream for your box but the remote server isn't letting you download it, hence the wget error.
    See if you can download the ipk manually from your web browser by putting in the https://etc bit of the line into the browser.
    Once you have downloaded the ipk, ftp it to the tmp directory and install it via the menu/setup/vix/install local extension.

Title
    Thanks
    yes john seems like it is the problem funny thing is that i can download the.... XtreamTV_0.1.1_mips32el.ipk through browser but not the XtreamTV_0.1.1_arm7a.ipk version. the one i need, getting 404 page error very frustration m8... just gonna have to torture them till they answer back with a fix..as they dont seem to quick to reply to your messages if u know wat i mean lol

Title
    Thanks
    Marty.. The name for the xtream arm file is XtreamTV_0.0.1_armv7a.ipk
    Not XtreamTV_0.1.1_arm7a.ipk as you said in your original thread.
    That may be it... Just add the "v"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

dsayers (02-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    brilliant john m8 well spotted got it downloaded i just copied and pasted there line they sent to me, they left the "v" out lmao... cheers m8 ur star