Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H7s Triple tuner , recording FTA

Title
    Thanks

H7s Triple tuner , recording FTA

Hi Im experiencing some difficulty , if I record a program from Free-Sat like something off Channel4 ,lets say ,, a half doze other channels deteriorate , like the signal is not strong enough ,, ie. horizontal lines going across screen .. Horror ch , Blaze , . Stop recording and the channels return to normal , Line free, top quality ???
    I have tried Edision OS Mega on same two feeds (dual CT100 ) and no problems ,, my knowledge is limited but is this a hardware or software problem ?? All firmware is up to date and running latest fresh install build...
    anyone else came across this ?
    Any input would be appreciated if there are any settings to get round this?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by PedroEll; 25-02-19 at 19:29.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Sounds like a signal issue, lnb, coax or F connectors.

Check each tuner scans the same services. Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select Tuner A at top first, then set type of scan as Single Satellite. Scan on Tuner A, then Tuner B, see is same amount of services are found.

If they do, check each tuner individually, disable Tuner B, watch and record a couple of channels on Tuner A only. Then do the same with Tuner B disabling Tuner A. If they work ok individually could be an LNB issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post

Check each tuner scans the same services. Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select Tuner A at top first, then set type of scan as Single Satellite. Scan on Tuner A, then Tuner B, see is same amount of services are found.

If they do, check each tuner individually, disable Tuner B, watch and record a couple of channels on Tuner A only. Then do the same with Tuner B disabling Tuner A. If they work ok individually could be an LNB issue.
    I was going to check "signal finder" just now to see strength of signal on effected channels and
    Pressed "Record" Channel 4 ,, switched to BBC1 to go up along channel list.

"TUNE FAILED" ON , BBC1, BBC2 ,BBC4 ,ITV1 ,ITV2 ,ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4 ,ITV4+1 (, up to channel 4 on my list.)
    Strangely I have ITV+! ,ITV+2

Put back on Edison OS mega and dug out my old OSmini (DVBS2 X2) and record Channel 4 and no problems .
    Dish and LNB are a month old ,,there was a few spots of rust on old dish , installed using "professional" sat finder .
    So Im stumped ,,, Any Ideas?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do as I advised in post 2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Check all connections ..... I have seen people in the past say it works on one box and not the other and then find they had not physically checked the connection - that it worked on one box was just luck.
    On the LNB you physically need to switch over the ports to prove issues there
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies ,I have tried suggestions in post , and checked connections when changing STB ,connections are good and good quality compression fittings ,, trouble seems to be with tuner" B " on ZGemmaH7s,, coming back as "not connected " when trying to configure tuner "B" ,, switched cables and same result and just to be sure put meter on at business end an signal cable is 100% .tried manual scan and with predefined transponder it will go through the motions and do a manual scan on tuner "B".
    Last edited by PedroEll; 26-02-19 at 17:35.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroEll View Post
    Apologies ,I have tried suggestions in post , and checked connections when changing STB ,connections are good and good quality compression fittings ,, trouble seems to be with tuner" B " on ZGemmaH7s,, coming back as "not connected " when trying to configure tuner "B" ,, switched cables and same result and just to be sure put meter on at business end an signal cable is 100% .tried manual scan and with predefined transponder it will go through the motions and do a manual scan on tuner "B".
    So to confirm, BOTH tuners work as they should individually? Both tuners find 900+ services on Astra 28.2?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroEll View Post
    I had tried to edit above statement but 30min+ had elapsed . Here's up date .
    Config tuner-simple-auto and box scans for transponder ,picks up 28.2 Astra on both And B tuner.
    Manual scan -tuner A - Simple -single- scan ,398 channels also same for Tuner B (FTA only, Yes) .
    Have all channels in ABM ,
    go to Channel4 -Record , BBC1,2 4 ITV1,2,3,4 Tune Failed ,black screen also going into children section in ABM "Tune Failed" all gone too ,,
    Now here interesting new thing Ive noticed ,, going into entertainment ,press red button for "ALL" and say BBC1 there are quite a few,, none of HD show anything but click on BBC1 northern Ireland and station shows ,,
    A Quick Fix , I could substitute all missing channels with one that work but there are no substitutes for a lot of children's channels or plus ,really only BBC's and bigger networks have more than one sub or Regions ..
    I was convinced it was tuner "B" was faulty after it missed being detected on auto in config tuner but that has never repeated and both Tuners manual scan, Both behaved as should when disabling A or B and recording .

anyone else have this problem ,, or Any Ideas would be appreciated .
    Last edited by PedroEll; 26-02-19 at 20:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Thats way too low, either there is an LNB issue or your dish is not aligned.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (26-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Thats way too low, either there is an LNB issue or your dish is not aligned.
    For non subscription channels ? 400 aprox ,, how many should I have on DVBs2x tuners ... no prob with alignment but cant say about LNB but two other STB work flawlessly with same set-up ??

Title
    Thanks
    As per post#7 if you just do a normal scan it picks up everything and on 28.2E you should pick up 900+
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Don't enable the FTA mode when scanning. It does not matter for s2/s2x in UK. If you get less than 900 channels, it is a hardware fault somewhere.

If you are using a Sky LNB, be aware a fault with some of them only appears when two receivers or more are using it. The LNB is fine when only one device is connected to it.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Do exactly like this to test.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Do exactly like this to test.
    Have done this Both scans pick up same amount of channels , when I disable one tuner and record ,other channels are greyed out in menu ,basically I now have one tuner system ,have to watch channel I am recording.
    Activat both tuners and record
    BBC1 HD ,can watch all other channels.
    Record ITV2 watch all other channels
    Record Channel4:
    BBC1,BBC2,ITV1,,ITV2,ITV3 ,ITV4 ,4seven , "TUNE FAILED" both "A" "B" colored yellow in info interface bottom of screen.
    BBC4 ,ITV+1, ITV2+1,ITV3+1,ITV4+1, Channel4,More4, E4, Channel5HD , Reception perfect with "A" in yellow and "B" in green in information bar in bottom of screen
    More4 ,E4 ,,reception perfect with Tuner "A" in green (Tuner"B" +"C" greyed out ) in information bar in bottom of screen.

REmoved "ZGemmaH7s" and installed " Edision OS MEGA " (also triple tuner) Repeat scans ,same number of channels found as ZGEMMA H7s ,same when I disable one tuner and NO Problems,, Record all channels ,no loss or "Failed Tune" on any other channels .

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I'll be surprised is the Zgemma is faulty. I'd compare tuner settings with both boxes.

Send a screenshot of the tuner settings on both satellite tuners and a photo of the rear how you've connected the receive up to your feeds.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast