Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma H9 Series and Kodi, very impressed with 4K media playback, uses Kodi's own media player

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Zgemma H9 Series and Kodi, very impressed with 4K media playback, uses Kodi's own media player

Just thought I'd share my results with some media playback test I've been doing.

Set up my H9.2H with to boot from SD Card, see here. Done this so I have 8GB flash with SD card, install loads of plugins.

Setup Kodi, I've got a massive media library on NAS drive on a Gigabit network. Recently started collecting some 4K movies. Broadcom based receivers struggle to play many files depending how they're encoded.

I've briefly played every movie in my 4K collection, ALL play smooth! H9 Series have 10/100 ethernet ports, but ALL these movies playback excellent and smooth.
    screenshot_20190224063125.jpg

Screenshot below showing the showing Kodi media play in use.
    screenshot_20190224064924.jpg

I get more and more impressed with the H9 series.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

twol (24-02-19),Willo3092 (28-02-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mr.raw (26-08-19),Willo3092 (28-02-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    This one struggles to play on most e2 boxes, playing spot on, on H9.

screenshot_20190224081103.jpg
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Now I'm mega impressed, playing perfect from NAS.

screenshot_20190224092107.jpg
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Tested Lucy in 4K, played back from USB stick connected direct to device. The bitrate on this movie is high at 86,000kbps. Played back perfect.

screenshot_20190228062239.jpg

In my personal opinion I think the H9 series has the best media playback of any Enigma 2 receiver I've tested with 4K media.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Same movie as above max's out the 10/100 LAN port due to high bitrate. Still play very smooth, get the occasional stutter only at very high peak bitrate scenes, but this is very occasional and Plex is set to direct Play. Many devices would not play a movie with high bitrate like this, let alone over a 10/100 LAN port.

lucy-lan.jpg
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

twol (28-02-19),Willo3092 (28-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Just got one these myself it's super fast,remote very responsive too

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverblack For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (15-03-19),Sicilian (15-03-19)