Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 28.2E and 9.0E on Multiswitch

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Had there been any change to the image?
    I've now connected to VH and I've got a signal through the router.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    If VH is the signal path your tuner config it wrong. Should be HL. Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, the multiswitch is setup for quad LNBs.

However, as per the manual for the switch:
    In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz
    However, in post #28, you state:
    Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.
    For a quad LNB is this correct? My setup is as per post #26. Note that for the 9.0E setup Tone Mode is set to Off.

I presume that there is no need to make further alterations to the setup as I can now obtain 9.0E via KA-SAT - albeit via a different port on the switch.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite. If you are not receiving via HL port there is something wrong with the tuner setup.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".
    You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite.
    In the tuner config of 9 east switch "tone mode" to "off".
    Switch is setup for Quad. Tone Mode is off. Voltage is equal to 18V.

KA_SAT_Setup_2019.jpg

In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz, see section 6 Product
    Settings. If some of outputs are not used, it is appropriate to terminate them with 75 Ohm loads. If
    not terminated, the specified terrestrial band insertion loss may not be kept.
    The wiring examples are shown in the section 11 Wiring Diagrams or at the website www.empcentauri.eu.

6 Product Settings
    For all satellite inputs, it is possible to change level of signals by means of attenuators in 15 dB
    range. The minimum attenuation is in clockwise stop position, the maximum attenuation is in
    counterclockwise stop position (for terrestrial input switching to passive mode, see below). Set
    attenuators very gently, do not turn them behind stop positions by force.
    22 kHz signal to satellite inputs for high band can be switched on/off and active/passive mode of
    terrestrial band can be selected by DIP switch
    located at left top side of the multiswitch.
    • Lever 4 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs G & H (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
    • Lever 3 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs C & D (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
    • Lever 1 controls mode of terrestrial band (OFF: passive, ON: active)
    Lever setup: (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post482374)

Code:
    Lever    Position
    1          ON
    2          OFF
    3          OFF
    4          OFF
    I can turn on lever 4 to disable 22kHz switching on VH and HH. However your initial quote above said to check that the switch is definitely configured for Quad LNB, then subsequently said that it is not a Quad LNB setup. So, I'm getting a bit confused as to what is required.

From EMP-Centauri technical support:

Inputs A,C,E,G of multiswitch provide 13 V and inputs B,D,F,H provide 18 V. Moreover, inputs C,D & G,H can provide 22 kHz tone according to DIP switch levers 3 & 4 respectively.
    The LNB may or may not detect and configure itself according to these conditions (universal LNB does, Quattro LNB does not).
    In your case, DIP levers are on OFF position, it means that 22 kHz is enabled - but I do not know if it makes any difference, because I do not know about functionality of your LNB: Is it sensitive to voltage? (controls selection of polarization), I guess yes. Is sensitive to 22 kHz? (band switching), I guess no. Therefore I am not sure if and how the signals coming out of your LNBs depends on input of multiswitch (its voltage) and position of DIP switch (22 kHz tone).

But I am sure that if you got the signals using VH input, the receiver provided low voltage and 22 kHz tone. You can check LNB config within receiver's setup menu if there is option to disable 22 kHz tone. If you succeed, you can reconnect the LNB from input VH to VL.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    18v and no tone should route to HL. If something different is happening something must be wrong with the switch.

Title
    Thanks
    are you using only free tv or not ?
    most satellites have the same channels ...
    i have a square dish with a motor ; recently i unmounted it ...and right after remounting i was able to see "most news" channels

i made the image and a part is ZOOMED , the usals motor or receiver think it is pointing 19.2 E while it is in fact 28.2 E . the frequency tool of the firmware detects the right signal/ bad position ...

your multiswitch look nice but you should show your lnb and info... are you using a second dish or a lnb with an second head like this with 3 : https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Direct...sr=1-5-catcorr
    you need to rotate the "lnb[s]" to get the maximum force of signal .. a satellite pointer is helpful too and it is refunding itself at first time .
    check your calculations is also a good thing ...
    try this website to get help and right values : https://www.dishpointer.com/#page-top
    enter value without letter : 53.7844,9.1029 and select multilnb and in the list to read result [ the choice box no has yours...]

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For this receiver setup in this room I am only using free TV - Freesat & Saorsat.

LNB is a Triax TKT001 which is the standard LNB used in Ireland for Saorsat (https://www.vanjak.com/product/triax...l-twin-ka-lnb/)
    There are two dishes used. First dish is a standard Sky dish with the Sky/Freesat LNB oriented at 28.2E. The four freesat inputs feed into SAT A of the switch. The second dish is a 90cm solid dish with the TKT 001 KA SAT LNB oriented at 9.0E. It has 2 feeds one which is connected to Vertical High of the SAT B of the switch, the second feed is unused.
    The dishes were put up by installers and both were checked used meters - I've no reason to believe there is an issue out at the dish as signals can be obtained for both Freesat & Saorsat.

Attached is the signal finder for 9.0E - the orbital position and the satellite information correlate:
    9_0E_Signal_Finder_KA_SAT.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've just noticed - note 9.0E is branded as 9.2E - I'm not sure if there is any ill effect of this:

tunersetup.JPG

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also note, the the greyed out channels are defined as 9.0E under the screenshot, whereas for the available channel it is defined as 9.2E.

RTENL_9_2.jpg

RTENL_9_0.jpg

What is happening here?

EDIT: Looks like when I scanned 9.0E KA Satellite it brought in the KU as well - I've not configured the tuner for this particular satellite:

KU_Capture.jpg

KA_Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Xiaomi; 23-03-19 at 01:04.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've tried to get the channel mix as I require using this custom mix, is there a problem with it, or is it related to the above?

hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
    hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The content of mix file seems fine. Filename is incorrect though. Should be
    sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Why are you using custom lcn? There is no need for it.

Did you not say ABM was working fine for saorsat earlier?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I thought the custom mix name has to match the lcn name?

Yes it is working. However I need to match the channel numbering for the Saorsat channels on the sky EPG as that would make it identical to that on their sky+ so in their main room.

Pain in the ass, but they can't remember which is which.

So I was going to get channel number the same between both rooms and then load the slyk skin into the image to bring it all closer together.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Custom mix will only add services into empty slots. Delete then add. Have a look at davesayers mix file if you want to see a working example.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've tried that, but I'm now getting an inability to tune ABM on Saorsat Tuner B. Intermittently, it will work and generate both - I've no idea as to what is going on.

I can obtain the channels using my setup and accessing them through TV > Providers > RTENL.
    I think it is trying to locate Saorsat on 9.0E whereas it is actually on 9.2E as outlined previously in post #40.

Attached below is the ABM log file and my test Custom Mix which I was using to see if I could get some initial change in behaviour from the ABM plugin. I've also tried removing the hd_ prefix on the Custom Mix, but to no effect.

ABM_Execution_Message.jpg
    Providers_Order.jpg
    Providers.jpg
    ABM_About.jpg
    9_0E_Satellite_Setup.jpg
    28_2E_Satellite_Setup.jpg
    Miscellaneous.jpg
    STB_Setup.jpg

hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
    abm.log

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast