Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New feature for Zgemma H9 from release build 5.2.029 - Move image from NAND to SD card & enjoy larger flash size

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up New feature for Zgemma H9 from release build 5.2.029 - Move image from NAND to SD card & enjoy larger flash size

Guide how to move image to Micro SD card and
    boot from Micro SD card for larger Flash Size.

This is particularly useful in the Zgemma H9 series (H9S, H9T, H9.2S & H9.2H) due to the 256MB flash, moving image from NAND flash to Micro SD card will allow the installation of both Kodi and QT Stalker and many other plugins and give you a much larger flash size.
    8GB Class 10 Micro SD card recommended.

This guide is written for OpenViX, SD card booting was implemented in OpenViX release build 5.2.029, all credits go to Twol from OpenViX Team adding this feature.
    For the purpose of this guide we have used a 8GB Class 10 Micro SD Card and Zgemma H9 series receiver newly flashed with OpenViX 5.2.029, basic setup with no extra plugins.

1. Power off the device and insert your Micro SD card.
    2. Power on the device.
    3. Once booted initialise the Micro SD card. Menu > Setup > Storage > Initialize Devices > Select your Micro SD card > Press OK > Press Green to initialise.
    4. Once complete exit all screens and reboot your receiver. Once re-booted, press Blue button > ViX > you’ll now see H9SDcard Manager.
    5. Once re-booted, press Blue button > ViX > you’ll now see H9SDcard Manager.
      h9sdcardmanager.jpg
    6. Select H9SDcard Manager and press OK.
    7. You will now see the screen below, press Green button to prepare your SD card, this will copy the root image files to your SD card. Be patient will take a few minutes. Once complete the terminal information output window will close and go back to the screen below. Now Press Red button to reboot. IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO THIS REBOOT SO THAT THE NEWLY PREPARED MICRO SD CARD IS RECOGNISED FOR BOOTING PURPOSES.
      h9sdcardmanager2.jpg

8. Once rebooted go to Menu > Standby and Restart > H9SDroot.
      h9sdroot.jpg

9. Select H9SDroot and press OK, you’ll now see the screen below.
      h9sdroot2.jpg

10. Press Yellow button to Swap boot to Micro SD card, your receiver will now reboot and boot into Micro SD card image. If you need to boot back to NAND flash from SD card, as above but press Green to Swap boot to NAND flash.
    11. Once booted go to Menu > Information > Memory, you will now see the large size flash and free flash size. We have installed both KODI and QT Stalker plugins and have 6.4GB free with a 8GB Class 10 Micro SD card. You’ll now be able to enjoy more free flash.
      h9sdflashsize.jpg

Finally a few small notes. We’d recommend that once you’ve booted to SD card to only use the SD boot image. Online updates work as they should, but can get out of sync if trying to keep both nand image and SD card image updated, certain files are shared from NAND to SD, therefore we’d recommend only to use SD card image boot once booted to SD card. Note that it is currently not possible to Couch flash or USB flash an image direct to Micro SD Card. You can back up settings and plugins that can be restored to a SD boot image if ever needed to restore a backup.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-02-19),Ashley69 (22-02-19),cactikid (11-05-19),chosjan (04-10-20),danlou (22-02-19),hammed41 (17-03-19),Willo3092 (22-02-19)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Here's a PDF of the guide posted above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

agnagna (04-04-20),Andy_Hazza (22-02-19),hammed41 (17-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Would anyone know why this kills IPTV? Results in a black screen with about 10 secs of audio, then nothing.

Tried it with both Xtream-Editor and Jedi Maker Xtream plug-ins on my H9T.

Also got the same result when I tried it on OpenATV and their move-to-sdcard process.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Works fine for me in testing - and I use a combination of e2m3u2bouquet and (recently) Jedi
    So I believe its something to do with your source

I have no idea about Xtreme Editor but Jedi just creates normal IPTV bouquets and uses EPG Importer for the Epg - so nothing unusual... but these last posts should be moved to image support
    Last edited by twol; 27-04-19 at 16:41.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobble View Post
    Would anyone know why this kills IPTV? Results in a black screen with about 10 secs of audio, then nothing.

Tried it with both Xtream-Editor and Jedi Maker Xtream plug-ins on my H9T.

Also got the same result when I tried it on OpenATV and their move-to-sdcard process.
    This has been an issue for a month or so. Same problem with OpenVix, OpenATV and PurE2. IPTV works fine without the SD card move. As soon as you carry out the procedure for SD Card move, it does not work anymore. You get black screen and just audio. It may be a ServiceApp issue. But it is only a recently introduced issue as luckily I have a backup from a couple of months ago and that works fine

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bazbailey For This Useful Post:

Cobble (10-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Just tried this on my h9 - no issues what so ever - streams both audio and video

You could try deleting the bouquets and reinstalling to see if that makes a difference although I cannot see why it would make a difference.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Just tried this on my h9 - no issues what so ever - streams both audio and video

You could try deleting the bouquets and reinstalling to see if that makes a difference although I cannot see why it would make a difference.
    Can I ask what Stream type you are playing e.g. 1, 4097 or 5002? It is only a recently introduced issue with new image flashes so it would only show up on a new reflash and then SD card move

Title
    Thanks
    Bulk are 1 with rest 4097 - all play (at least every one that I tried)

I have flipped back and forwards (between SDcard and the receivers Emmc partitions) frequently during the last 10 days whilst testing new code and didn't see any issues.
    Whilst I can see that there maybe issues playing some stream types, there is nothing that I can think of that would effect a stream playing dependent on its location e.g. SDcard or receiver partition.
    I also run with class10 SDcards but cannot believe any card would be so slow as to cause an issue.

OpenATV have just cloned our code to support the h9 (and I guess all the ATV clone images will follow) so don't look for changes in that area.
    Last edited by twol; 11-05-19 at 08:52.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    OK thanks for replying. I will do some further investigations myself in the next few days and see if I can get it working.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bazbailey For This Useful Post:

twol (11-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bazbailey View Post
    OK thanks for replying. I will do some further investigations myself in the next few days and see if I can get it working.
    If I can help let me know ... these sort of issues are a pain!!

One thing that has struck me is that I am running off OE-A 4.3 so there will be some differences - you might try an OpenATV 6.3 build (if there is one)
    Last edited by twol; 11-05-19 at 16:42.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazbailey (11-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Based on twol's hints, I did some further investigation. Still wont work properly with release versions of the main images (OpenVIX, PurE2, OpenATV) However, did not have the problem on versions 6.3 of OpenATV and PurE2 so as twol mentioned, might be down to some changes in the OE version being used. Glad to know as this has been driving me mad.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazbailey For This Useful Post:

awaisleon13 (19-05-19),Cobble (12-05-19),twol (12-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Interesting! I didn't want to push too hard, but obviously gstreamer is at a higher level and some of the other components.
    If I get time will try with OE-A 4.2 but busy at the moment trying to fix something else on the h9
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bazbailey (12-05-19),Cobble (12-05-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I moved my flash to SD, working fine, installed Kodi. However, I am unable to mount USB stick and/or perform any kind of backup. In Backup manager it says: Device: none available.
    In Filebrowser it shows only internal flash, no usb.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_White View Post
    I moved my flash to SD, working fine, installed Kodi. However, I am unable to mount USB stick and/or perform any kind of backup. In Backup manager it says: Device: none available.
    In Filebrowser it shows only internal flash, no usb.
    Which image and version are you using - my current setup on my H9 uses sd card and usb stick for backups.
    Silly question but I am assuming you have a H9se and not the newer H9sse
    Building new image tonight will flash and test tomorrow
    Last edited by twol; 14-01-22 at 21:02.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast