Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my feedback on Zgemma H7s

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

my feedback on Zgemma H7s

Hey guys

I just purchased this a few days ago and set it up last night.

Overall, i am very pleased with this receiver. Openvix works flawlessly and most importantly it plays back my files perfectly with the default player.

Very handy that it allows you to change the remote input because i still get to use my universal xtrend remote which is brilliant.

Any questions about it.

let me know

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (21-02-19),Willo3092 (21-02-19)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Thank you for the feedback, for the benefit of other members please post what files you've been playing.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi

So the main reason i wanted to buy this receiver was to play 7.1 2160p atmost files which my ultimo 4k could not play natively.

Surprisingly this receiver played it back without restarting or crashing. ( i cant explain how).
    Very impressed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (21-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    i downloaded a sample file
    Elysium 2013 2160p – 1 Minute Sample Footage, this is a MKV file
    uploaded this to my box and dont work ?? i have sound but no video...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    All depends how the files are encoded. Don't loose sight of that this a receiver with media player capabilities, not a media player.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

biff2005 (23-02-19),Willo3092 (23-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    this box is still new to me so just seeing what it will do

thx for the info...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've tested 4K movies on the H7 that play spot on, also some that don't. H7 plays more 4k files than my Ultimo 4K will play.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

biff2005 (23-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I've tested 4K movies on the H7 that play spot on, also some that don't. H7 plays more 4k files than my Ultimo 4K will play.
    I beg to differ with that. I definitely know a few files that struggle to play on the h7 that play perfectly on the ultimo 4k. Granted it depends on codecs etc but natively I have tested a few files that play on the ultimo better

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    I beg to differ with that. I definitely know a few files that struggle to play on the h7 that play perfectly on the ultimo 4k. Granted it depends on codecs etc but natively I have tested a few files that play on the ultimo better
    Again all depends on the encoding.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Probably not the spec your looking for, but I've just setup my Zgemma H9.2H (theres 4 different models of H9) with Kodi. Hisilicon models use the actual Kodi media player. I've just tested playback from my complete 4K library. Briefly played each movie. All playback spot on.

Movies are stored on my NAS, gigabit network, H9 has 10/100 Ethernet port, but all play spot on through Kodi.
    screenshot_20190224063125.jpg
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    All depends how the files are encoded. Don't loose sight of that this a receiver with media player capabilities, not a media player.
    You are indeed very correct. Even though we, users of the newest and greatest sat receivers, want to have almost complete media support, sadly this is not happening. Broadcom for example removed xvid/divx support and this might hurt the most, because many many old series are available on this format only. There is also removal of DTS (downmix) which is also "a disaster".
    Cant do much here. I have Duo4k and many files do not open, there is only sound.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    For media playback I'm getting more and more impressed with Zgemma Hisilicon H9 models, at the moment I'm playing back a 1080p movie that all my broadcom boxes struggle to play in Sync. Even my smart TV's using plex would play video & audio in sync. H9.2H is playing this movie perfect and in sync. I've been messing around trying to know it out of sync by fast forwarding and rewinding, just keeps playing perfect!

I have to say, Zgemma H9 have the best media playback I've experienced with ANY E2 box. Not stutters, no judder, no breakup, just smooth playback even with 4K movies.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkulRide View Post
    You are indeed very correct. Even though we, users of the newest and greatest sat receivers, want to have almost complete media support, sadly this is not happening. Broadcom for example removed xvid/divx support and this might hurt the most, because many many old series are available on this format only. There is also removal of DTS (downmix) which is also "a disaster".
    Cant do much here. I have Duo4k and many files do not open, there is only sound.
    I haven't come across any files that my Ultimo 4k can't play. If there is no sound or restarts or crashes then you play through ext3 player or e2iplayer and it's perfect. It's different with the zgemma because some files stutter which suggest it's a hardware problem because. No hardware problem with the vu models because they are powerful enough. That's my theory anyway.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    It's different with the zgemma because some files stutter which suggest it's a hardware problem because. No hardware problem with the vu models because they are powerful enough. That's my theory anyway.
    Sorry but that is just pure out and out nonsense.... I'll tell you again its down to the encoding of whatever files your playing back and how the drivers support the media codecs. Playing back 4K media files connected to a USB HDD on a receiver over LAN will also have a knock on affect on the playback. Higher the bitrate, higher the chance of having an issue.

I've done a lot of tests with broadcom receivers over the years, ET8000, ET10000, HD2400, Duo2, Solo2, Ultimo 4K, Uno 4K, Uno 4K SE, OS mio 4K, HD51, Zgemma H7, NONE have faultless playback of media files.

The H9 Hislicon CPU is far better suited to media playback than ANY broadcom CPU.

Out of all E2 receivers I've tested media playback with, at the moment I have to day the cheap and cheerfull Zgemma H9 series wins. It's completely blown me away with its media playback performance, gone far beyond my expectations.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (24-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry but that is just pure out and out nonsense.... I'll tell you again its down to the encoding of whatever files your playing back and how the drivers support the media codecs. Playing back 4K media files connected to a USB HDD on a receiver over LAN will also have a knock on affect on the playback. Higher the bitrate, higher the chance of having an issue.

I've done a lot of tests with broadcom receivers over the years, ET8000, ET10000, HD2400, Duo2, Solo2, Ultimo 4K, Uno 4K, Uno 4K SE, OS mio 4K, HD51, Zgemma H7, NONE have faultless playback of media files.

The H9 Hislicon CPU is far better suited to media playback than ANY broadcom CPU.

Out of all E2 receivers I've tested media playback with, at the moment I have to day the cheap and cheerfull Zgemma H9 series wins. It's completely blown me away with its media playback performance, gone far beyond my expectations.
    Yh granted it could be codecs. All I'm saying is I can send you a file which is a standard hdr 2160p that will struggle on the h series zgemma and will work fine on another receiver. But every file that I have tried has played perfectly on my Ultimo 4K. Now if you say that there are files that don't play on your other receivers but play back perfectly on the H9. I would be surprised because I have pretty much tried every single 2160p file with various codecs and plays fine on there. I can send you a file that will not play on the zgemma or that will cause stutter. And to be fair in the specs it's a standard 2160p hdr 10 file which it says it should be able to handle. I also had another person on another forums who tested it and had the same conclusion.
    I'm just telling you what I've tested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast