Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma H9.2S 4K UHD TWIN SATELLITE DVB-S2X Receiver

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H9.2S 4K UHD TWIN SATELLITE DVB-S2X Receiver

Hello All
    Regarding this receiver, according some of the specs I have seen, this receiver has blind scan support, if any member has this receiver already can respond and let us know if the receiver can actually blind Scan, also, I would be interested to know if this receiver supports external USB tuners like ATSC tuners.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Yes can blind scan, sorry no idea about the usb tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Sicilian
    I got my box and it only blind scans on Ku-band, Can C-band be added to the Vix Image? the option is available under the tuner configuration but on the blind scan screen the Scan start freq and the Scan stop freq. are wrong.
    Let us know.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Any thoughts on this issue? can it be fix?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Part of the frequencies can be changed. Depending on the satellite. On KU band what exactly are you looking to change?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Sicilian
    First of all I live in North America and out here we need to have blind Scan in our receivers, right now I have a VU+ ZERO 4K and the Edision Mio 4k and both receivers blind scan the satellites in our area and have no issues with them.
    As I mention I just purchased this Zgemma H9.2S 4K UHD TWIN SATELLITE DVB-S2X Receiver, I am attaching 2 pictures so you can see my problem.
    On picture1 you can see that I have selected C-Band for the Type of LNB.

On picture2 shows the blind scan screen with the wrong frequencies.

These are the frequencies we need out here.

For C-Band - 3.4 GHz to 4.2 GHz

Standard LNB - 11.7 Ghz to 12.75 Ghz

Universal LNB - 9750 to 10600

Hopfully you guys can make these changes to the blind scan.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.
    Tunder
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

el bandido (08-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Any Good News?
    Let us know.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Hello All
    I been updating my receiver and still not be able to blind scan on C-BAND, just wondering if is ever going to happen, another problem I seen, when I power up the receiver with remote control, it turns on then it goes off by itself, I have to power it up about 3 or 4 times and eventually stays on, is it a problem with the remote been to sensitive or the receiver, any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tunder.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Do you have any power timers setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    No power timers, I will play with it and let you know if it gets any better, I try different remotes and the same problem.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Zgemma H9.2S 4K UHD TWIN SATELLITE DVB-S2X R

Just out of curiosity, do you blind scan because services change very frequently or because XML does not have values listed?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you blind scan because services change very frequently or because XML does not have values listed?
    Blindscan in North America is important for both reasons.

The majority of free satellite in North America is feeds - even if the feed is active for months and is available 24 hours a day, 7days a week.
    In North America, it is pretty common to have a 3 meter dish for c band, and a 90cm or larger dish for ku band. Most satellite antenna systems in North America are motorized because feeds or channels may be spread out over many different satellites.

The information in Lyngsat is not accurate in North America because only a few post to Lyngsat, plus feeds or channels may appear or disappear without any warning or notice. As an example today, I blindscanned 101 west c band using a free scan, and compared what I found to Lyngsat. I noticed Daystar which has been available on 101w for a long time is not listed on Lyngsat, plus a Football feed is up on a transponder that is not even listed on Lyngsat.

Lyngsat listing for 101w:https://www.lyngsat.com/SES-1-and-DirecTV-8.html
    These two are not listed on Lyngsat today.
    TP = DVB-S 3773V / 4442 / AUTO
    Channel = Daystar SD
    TP = DVB-S2 8PSK 4160V / 9999 / 2/3
    Channel = NFL Game Day Cam 2 Prime

I have made provisions on the enigma2 receiver to log the channels found in Servicescan or blindscan, and the full results of the blindscan done for 101w c band today are attached.

101w is just one satellite. We target many different ones on both c and ku bands. A good blindscan that works on both c and ku bands is important to users in North America. Usually the only way we know what the blindscan will do is to buy the receiver. Buying receivers is not cheap, and it is depressing to buy a receiver that is advertised for blindscan only to find that it does not work on c band and/or performs poorly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I am not negating the need for blindscan. However, somebody ought to update those values on Lyngsat. The changes/values are provided by people.

Title
    Thanks
    I agree it would help to update Lyngsat, and many people in North America do. But it is a daunting task, and not enough interested people to do it. Blindscan has been used in North America for a very long time, and I do not see that changing anytime soon. So we need receivers with a good blindscan, not something that is half-baked.

Title
    Thanks
    I found out that the problem of the receiver going off an on is the HDMI CEC I turned this option off and the problem was corrected, regarding blind scan with the latest image revision on any image the KU-BAND blind scan does not work any more, I have to use an old software version, anyways, does anybody know if there is a patch for the blind scan?
    Please let me know.
    Regards.
    Tunder

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-10-19)