Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Mutant box - stuck on OpenViX Please Wait

Title
    Thanks

New Mutant box - stuck on OpenViX Please Wait

I received a new HD51 from World of Satellite today (2x DVB-S/S2/S2X tuners).
    Set it up and the Wizard started.
    When it got to the Satellite search, no satellites were found. I then realized that the satellite cable wasn't plugged in I switched the box off and removed the PSU cable, connected the satellite plug and restarted the box.

The wizard started again and again found no satellites. I shut down and disconnected the box as before and checked the satellite plug (cable was loose and I repaired it). I then restarted the box.

This time, the wizard didn't appear and I ended up with the OpenViX Please Wait screen with the box displaying 2 rows of bars for the length of the display, plus an HD and what appears to be a TV symbol. After the screen had been stuck on Please Wait for 5 mins, I turned off the box. (the standby button did nothing unless I held it in

I watched the screen at reboot and after the Please Wait appeared, a rectangular box briefly appeared at the bottom of the screen showing four coloured buttons with Single EPG, Timer, Search and something else. This then disappeared, leaving the Please Wait screen permanently displayed.

The remote control didn’t do much. One thing that did initially work after the Please Wait was pressing the yellow button brought up an empty EPG search screen with the Please Wait screen showing in a reduced window.
    Pressing yellow twice, brought up the “Available locales” list. Occasionally I could scroll up or down the list, but that was it – nothing else worked, including Exit and Menu.

I have done nothing to the box (no flashing or anything), other than adding a hard drive. All the above happened when I went to set the box up before adding the hard drive. Adding the drive made no difference. One thing I did notice was that the HD icon was shown on the box display, even though no drive was present.

I assume the box needs a factory reset, but as I can't get into the Menu to do it and there doesn't seem to be a reset button anywhere, I'm a bit lost as to what to do next.

Sorry for the long post, but I've tried to give as much detail as possible as I'm unable to access a log or anything.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The easiest thing to do would be start again by usb flashing the latest ViX.
    Instructions here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bui...20by%20USB.pdf

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    As @ willo302 has said its easier to overcome your issues by starting again.
    IF? The blue button brings up the Extension list? Then choose ViX and then IMageManager.
    If you can get this far you can flash online back to where you can started.
    IF this is possible hit download (choose latest image) red to exit back to the original panel and flash to reflash the image.
    Follow the instructions to flash
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Deleted comment
    Last edited by Coldfire; 15-02-19 at 20:20.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Menu > Setup > System > Factory reset.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help.

I downloaded the file and flashed it (@Sicilian - I couldn't access the menu)

After the flash, it booted up and I went through the wizard to completion and also initialised the drive. Everything seemed to work OK
    I rebooted again and it appeared to be stuck on Please Wait, with the display showing 53296. I pressed the TV button and from then on, all seemed OK. A later reboot went straight to the picture.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the responses from the remote control seem to take a while after pressing the button or just don't seem to work. I don't think it's the remote itself as the same buttons work OK in a different scenario. I'll have to investigate further tomorrow.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    It's not stuck on 'please wait', that screen it showing because you've not tuned to a service or you haven't scanned.

Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Autobouquetsmaker. See video guides here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g.../video-guides/
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks

This is the firs time I've had one of this type of box, so I'm on a learning curve. A hint on the Please Wait screen or display as to why it was waiting would have helped I've also downloaded the OpenViX guide which looks very useful and I'll be working my way through that today.