Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash expander stuck on reboot

Title
    Thanks

Flash expander stuck on reboot

Received this box with pre-installed vix image as a back up for my 4K vu+ zero box.
    Set it up with advanced tuner settings very quickly and smoothly. Pretty impressed with fast zapping and picture quality for a cheap 4k box.
    I thought I would install flash expander and that's when reboot issue began.
    I followed Sicilian's posted instructions to the letter and all good until final reboot, receiver just hangs on vix welcome scenery screen, left for a least half hour but nothing doing!
    I have usb reflashed receiver twice with current image but still same issue on final reboot. Anyone able to suggest where I am going wrong.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Are you using release build 5.2.026? May need to wait for next release build. Pretty sure 5.2.026 should be ok.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just tested release 5.2.026, it's fine. Using a 8GB USB2.0 stick for flash expander.

After Flash Expander completes it will ask you to reboot, select Yes and just wait.

Before installing Flash Expander I've got a 16GB SD card mounted to /media/hdd and 8GB USB stick mounted to media/usb in ViX > Mount Manager. Both initialised by the receiver.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sicilian,
    Thanks for responses.
    I can confirm that I flashed box with 5.2.026 yesterday.
    I'll remount and intialize Kingston 8GB USB stick, then try installing flash expander again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Make sure you have the usb in the usb 2 port (white) not the usb 3 port (blue) as I had problems. Also when initialised, mount as usb. Doesn’t hurt to reboot the receiver and check the mount points again. Also I made sure I did this all before installing any plugins. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (10-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy, yes usb stick is on blue port for now, will swap if have issues again.
    Hang on,Flash expander has now finally installed but bloomin slow!
    Timed it, took 15 minutes for selecting "YES to reboot" to actually reboot, ( hisilicon screen, then black screen and finally vix image screen) is this normal?
    I don't have any other plugins installed, tuner is disabled and running with default skin from image.
    I will now install Kodi and stalker, will update later.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Make sure you have the usb in the usb 2 port (white) not the usb 3 port (blue) as I had problems. Also when initialised, mount as usb. Doesn’t hurt to reboot the receiver and check the mount points again. Also I made sure I did this all before installing any plugins. Hope this helps.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Note: I don't have that issue - only 1 usb port on the H9-2S!!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Something's not right here, I installed Kodi and stalker plugins without prolbem, thought I'd do a reboot.
    Timed it again, took 7 minutes ( hisilicon screen, black screen, open vix image screen)
    I have 4GB usb stick on white port (the plan was to use this for settings / image back ups) and 8GB stick on blue port.
    Are you suggesting that I only should use one usb port at a time?

Title
    Thanks
    Quick update,this is getting weird!
    Just noticed that Kodi and stalker plugins have disappeared from my plugin browser after reboot, lol!
    Definitely installed them before reboot.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I'm testing a H9T now, I've been testing with a H9.2H until now.

Report back shortly.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linsladeboy View Post
    Hi Andy, yes usb stick is on blue port for now, will swap if have issues again.
    Update to guide.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post481777

Are you suggesting that I only should use one usb port at a time?
    There is only 1 usb port on the H9-2S.
    Last edited by ccs; 10-02-19 at 14:45.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (10-02-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    No issues here. I'd suggest use a different USB stick.

To clear things up, H9T and H9S have TWO USB ports, 1x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0. Use the USB 2.0 for flash expander. H9.2S and H9.2H only have 1x USB 2.0 port.

I've got 16GB SD Card mounted and initialised by the receiver to EXT4, mounted to media/hdd.

8GB USB 2.0 stick initialised by the receiver and mounted to media/usb.

I then installed Flash Expander. Took less than 3 mins to install and reboot.

I then added a 128GB USB 3.0 stick in the USB 3.0 port, initialised and mounted to media/usb.

Finally installed Kodi and stalker, then rebooted. Reboots in well under 1 min.

No performance impact at all.

I think these H9 are great boxes for the money.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sicilian, my usb not an issue in my opinion.
    Just swapped it from usb3 (blue) to usb2 (white), rebooted , which took less than a minute and all plugins showing inclding kodi and stalker.
    Would that not indicate usb 3 issue with flash expander plugin?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Hi Sicilian, my usb not an issue in my opinion.
    Just swapped it from usb3 (blue) to usb2 (white), rebooted , which took less than a minute and all plugins showing inclding kodi and stalker.
    Exactly what's been posted, you must use the USB 2.0 port for Flash Expander, not the USB 3.0 port.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Have another look at post #11 or #5.
    Last edited by ccs; 10-02-19 at 15:31. Reason: typo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (10-02-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast