Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Stream free sat channel from mio4k over the internet help please!!

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation Stream free sat channel from mio4k over the internet help please!!

Good morning OpenVix team!!
    How can i stream a channel over the internet in mio4k?
    I am very begginer and i know nothing about it
    Can you write me details please?
    Thank you!!

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Well there is an easy way but it is not really secure.
    You can open port 8001 on your router and access your receiver from outside using openwebif.
    If you have fixed ip from your isp, just type:
    Your ip:8001 and you are good to go.
    Problem is that someone can find you and start using your box as well... There is an option to use password I think ,that would be neccessary to use in this case.

2nd way is more secure and better. You use OpenVPN to connect to your network.
    I wont go into details here.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OldSkulRide; 10-02-19 at 12:47.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not interested in streaming to the internet but I am interested in streaming over my LAN but I don't want to do it with Webif. I was looking into using DreamDroid on my smartphone and then cast to a Roku Ultra but that's easier said than done - I'm not even sure if that's possible. I can use Webif with VLC but that doesn't do what I want to do. Streaming from VLC isn't working out either. I was trying to use an HDMI capture card and VLC streaming but the osmio4k causes the capture card to lock up or give poor video or it gives good video with no sound until I reboot the PC and it works for a short time and crashes again (Ubuntu 18.04.1). That capture card problem doesn't occur when using an old Azbox Elite. And VLC streaming doesn't work also - I probably don't have VLC/VLM configured properly. Ultimately I need to stream the osmio4k to the TV so that I can put the osmio4k in a remote location and get rid of the 75 foot cable run between the osmio4k and the Gbox. But, I'm not sure if it's possible to stream or cast to the Roku Ultra. So, what other options do I have that someone has actually got working?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Hdmi over cat5 extender with remote control sender/receiver.