Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Move mode does not work

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Move mode does not work

I have just set up a new Duo 4K, and I have come across a few problems. I have made a list of favourites, but they are listed in a random order, and I would like to reorder them. I used to have a Dreambox, and I would use Move mode to do it, but when I enable Move mode, the OK key does not select a channel to move, but switches to the channel instead. I have tried a lot of keys, and I have tried to double press, and long press, but there is no initiation of a move.

I know that Move mode is selected, because it says Move mode at the top, and the colours have changed.

What could be wrong?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Working here

Goto channel section
    Move mode1.jpg

Press menu then choose move mode
    Move mode2.jpg

High-lite the channel you want to move and press ok
    Move mode3.jpg

Move to where you want then press ok again
    Move mode4.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    High-lite the channel you want to move and press ok
    Move mode3.jpg
    Thanks for the detailed description. This is how it worked on my Dreambox, but on my Duo, pressing "OK" when in Move mode does not high-lite the channel. Instead it switches to the channel, exactly as when I was not in Move mode.

Is there some other button than "OK" that I should use to high-lite?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    did you try to moven even when it switched to the channel? Try disabling the preview option. Press menu and configuration while in channel list.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    did you try to moven even when it switched to the channel? Try disabling the preview option. Press menu and configuration while in channel list.
    Yes, I tried to move the channel even when the preview switched to that channel. I also tried to disable the preview option, but the result was the same.

Maybe I'll just edit the channel list with DreamboxEdit.

Title
    Thanks
    I also cannot move a channel. (I'm using a newly home built version of OpenViX)

As a workaround I edit /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.favourites.tv and restart the GUI.

Is this a good way to edit favourites, or can I get into any problems (for example references in other files)?

PS. I edit with "nano", which I got by install nano_2.7.4-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk (was created at build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    OpenWebif is a another alternative.

Title
    Thanks
    I was not able to do it in OpenWebif, didn't find away how to do it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    …. BouquetEditor , bottom left hand corner.

Title
    Thanks
    What do you mean? Pressing the menu item to the left in the screen to come into Bouquet Editor (or Favourite Editor or what it is called, I'm not on English right now in my box).

If so, I of course have done that. This is required to come to the page to edit Favourite list. The question is how to do then?

PS. The OpenWebifThis isn't important for me. However normal users would like to do it via the remote control - of course!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
    when I enable Move mode, the OK key does not select a channel to move, but switches to the channel instead.
    I know that Move mode is selected, because it says Move mode at the top, and the colours have changed.

What could be wrong?
    I don't know if pulling up this old thread conforms to the forum etiquette...
    I'm surprised this problem still exists. I met this first time well over 10 years ago with a Dreambox I had at that time. And yes, it's in Vix too. I haven't touched the the confs of my 2 Vu+ Duo2 boxes for years (one had OpenVix 4.1.x, the other 5.0.x) until this Sunday when I decided to broke the classic rule "if it ain't broken..."

I think years ago I accidentally found out that this problem was "activated" thru a certain setting in the menu. Years ago I also had less volatile memory and I didn't document the workaround anywhere, neither have ever reported it to anywhere.

After some trial and error I now was unable to find out which setting (it might also be a combination of several ones) activates the problem. My guess is it's a situation when setting some feature to [ on | off | a certain value ] in the menu captures with higher priority / blocks from the move function the recognition of the "ok" key feature. Also this time I didn't remember the whole issue until I had done a lot of fine tuning to the settings.

Since this isn't more widely known problem, it also might be possible that this were dependent on the language setting of the box. I use Finnish language setting, which isn't a mayor language. But I think this is an improbable change.

To trace this problem, could someone post here a screenshot of the menus affecting the functionality / appearance of the channel listing from an OpenVix (preferably close to version 5.3.019) configuration where the "reorder list" functionality works? I could then try if that same configuration makes the problem disappear / if I can identify what exactly makes it come back.

Btw,
    Meanwhile OpenWebIf seems to be a way to overcome this problem. Just worth noticing that a change done that way does not appear in the local user interface before restarting Enigma (or the whole box).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe I've missed something here. Move mode only works on your configured favourites channel list, it will not work on All, Satellites or Recently scanned lists.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    They are system and dynamic bouquets. They are not designed to modified.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satturn View Post
    Move mode only works on your configured favourites channel list, it will not work on All, Satellites or Recently scanned lists.
    My bad, maybe I didn't express this clearly enough. But it's the favourites (channel) list where I tried to use Move, which fails. So I still think there is a problem that depends on some settings in the menu...

Since I was able to do the actual trick using WebIf, I won't use that much time for this now. But if someone posts the menu settings from the system where move works, I could try to test it.

Title
    Thanks
    An old post but I found a setting that worked for me.

I'm using OpenVix 5.3 (April 2020) on a H7 box and I had this problem as well.

Problem; when in the Favourites bouquet service listing (the one that lists vertically down the left hand side, and not the graphical EPG the sits across the whole screen), you select Menu -> Enable move mode, and it takes you back to the Favourites service listing. Activating the select button on the Favourite entry you want to move just opens that service and the service listing disappears. The Select key should highlight the entry instead so you can move it up or down with the remote control cursor keys.

Menu key (on remote while the EPG is off) -> User Interface -> Channel Selection -> Enable Multiple Bouquets -> Yes.

Setting the above option to Yes allowed me to highlight and then move a Service (channel) name that I'd added to the Favourites bouquet, without switching to the service when I hit Select.
    Once you've finished moving all your service names in Favourites, remember to go back into the Menu option and disable 'Move mode'.

Hope this helps..