Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help Please, Image break up

Title
    Thanks

Help Please, Image break up

I have 3 micraclebox receivers, MB Ultra, MB Micro and an older MB mini hd, all with DVB-C tuners.

The Ultra and Micro have Vix 5.2.025 on them and the Mini has ATV 6.3 (no longer supported by vix), all fresh flashes with no restores.

The ones on Vix have image break up like this: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtF3fmeApirJiHy2kM-rehKult9l (sorry couldn't get it to upload to forum)

The older MB Mini does not do this (ATV6.3) and I also have a Edision os mini (DVB-C) on vix 5.2.025 that does not do this either so it is not my feed.

I'm thinking it is a miraclebox problem but have no idea what any help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by byrnemeister View Post
    I have 3 micraclebox receivers, MB Ultra, MB Micro and an older MB mini hd, all with DVB-C tuners.

The Ultra and Micro have Vix 5.2.025 on them and the Mini has ATV 6.3 (no longer supported by vix), all fresh flashes with no restores.

The ones on Vix have image break up like this: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtF3fmeApirJiHy2kM-rehKult9l (sorry couldn't get it to upload to forum)

The older MB Mini does not do this (ATV6.3) and I also have a Edision os mini (DVB-C) on vix 5.2.025 that does not do this either so it is not my feed.

I'm thinking it is a miraclebox problem but have no idea what any help would be much appreciated.
    You say its not your feed but have you tried the box that has the break up in the physical location of a box that does not? You may have a marginal signal at the end of one cable due to splitting or length of the cable and/or if the cables are not 100% screened there may be local electrical interference from other of your appliances getting into the cable.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thinking the same if you have 3 feeds to 3 locations as 1 maybe not good enough,good cables and splitters and tight connections also matter.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I should have been clearer I only have the one connection, running one box at a time.

The ultra was my main box until I started noticing the break up (only on certain channels, not all), so switched back to the older boxes, the micro does the same on the same channels, the mini does not do it on any channels, neither does the edision os mini.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by byrnemeister View Post
    Sorry I should have been clearer I only have the one connection, running one box at a time.

The ultra was my main box until I started noticing the break up (only on certain channels, not all), so switched back to the older boxes, the micro does the same on the same channels, the mini does not do it on any channels, neither does the edision os mini.
    It could still be a marginal signal. Some boxes have a more sensitive tuners than others. Perhaps one way of checking to see if the signal is marginal is to insert a 3dB attenuator in-line and see if all boxes then start showing problems.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ite,Attenuator

You indicate that you have cable feed (DVB-C). Does this feed into your house have more than 1 splitter between entering the house and your box?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Only the one splitter to router and box, and decent cables to both.

The weird thing is I have had no problems for years with the Ultra as my main box, only the last 4 months seem to be a problem, I don't know if it has anything to do with drivers in the new images or not (or am I talking rubbish).

What does the attenuator do, as I have been lookng about and they have been mentioned a few times, I even checked the Power (dBmV) downstream in the router as that was mentioned but mine all fall well within the tolerances.