Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oscam setup problem help please

Title
    Thanks

Unhappy oscam setup problem help please

Hi guys,

I have flash my solo 2 to 5.2.05 and I haven't been able to make softcam CCcam 2.3.0 clear my previous good CCcam.cfg file. I have FTP this file with FileZilla to etc folder without any success (advice welcome to) . So, I have decided to install oscam (I have another Mutant HD51 running with oscam with no problem), but for some reason, I couldn't download the plugins from the image browser: Menu/Setup/plugins/download..... The list is empty where before there was lots of things to download. So, I have FTP to the tmp file this IPK files and have installed them via the menu. These are the files: enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam_1.20.r9059_mipsel and enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel

Then I have gone to the settings in OpenWebif within the plugin browser to "enable" it, use new design to "no" and http port to "8000". I have followed this tutorial http://www.techkings.org/threads/osc...-guide.112655/ but when I start the oscam manager and then tried to access the oscam webinterface in 192.168.XX:8000 the attached screenshot interface comes up. I can not change the config files in this screen and it has nothing to do to with the one I see when I connect my mutant. Can anyone please help me out? I have spent two days trying to sort this out. I have had a very good working box but now the missus is going mad because she can't watch her spanish channels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    For you to enable Oscam using the Oscam web interface, Oscam must be enabled and running, otherwise the Oscam interface won't work. You must also have Oscam config files transferred.

You enable the softcam using softcam manager. It should be accessible via blue button if you have installed the cam.

To find out why your plugins list is empty, issue following command using putty and post back results:
    opkg update

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

spiderman01 (01-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I have the Oscam up and running and the CCcam unticked and stopped. I have also uploaded the config files to the server. But for some reason I do not connect with the Oscam web interface where you have the top menu with: Config, Readers, Users, Services, Files, Failban............. All I get is the screenshot I posted in my first post.

Regarding my empty plugin list, sorry but I don't know what putty is. Could you please share a bit of light? If it's something like telnet, where I could connect before, I can't now.. The network test LAN connection is fine. All ****ed green.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On that screen bottom left choose extras then oscam web interface.

Screenshot_20190201-073344_Samsung Internet.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    On that screen bottom left choose extras then oscam web interface.

Screenshot_20190201-073344_Samsung Internet.jpg
    I press extras all I get is: box info, settings autoTimer and Bouquet Editor.

No sign of Oscam.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ok try Abu baniaz command for putty have a look here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Linux-commands

Title
    Thanks
    Welcome to OpenViX for vusolo2
    openvix 5.2 vusolo2

vusolo2 login: opkg update
    Password:

Login incorrect
    vusolo2 login: root
    Last login: Fri Feb 1 08:21:57 GMT 2019 on pts/0
    opkg updateroot@vusolo2:~# opkg update
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ty/Packages.gz.
    Updated source 'openvix-3rdparty'.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ll/Packages.gz.
    Updated source 'openvix-all'.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...el/Packages.gz.
    Updated source 'openvix-mips32el'.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...o2/Packages.gz.

Title
    Thanks
    Any suggestions?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Wait to see what Abu baniaz says

After issuing the command did you try download plugins again? Also maybe try uninstalling the ipk's you've tried.

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing. Still the same. List of plugins empty, CCcam 2.3.1 softcam not working (It's in etc folder) whenOsc it worked previously and can not connect to Oscam web interface.

Title
    Thanks
    Notes:
    That output you pasted is incomplete.
    Plugins already installed will not be shown.
    CCcam.cfg (config file) goes in /etc
    CCcam (binary/executable/actual program) goes in /usr/softcams
    Lots of people do not see the file extensions.

Actions:
    Post full output of the "opkg update" command
    Issue the following command and post back full output
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest

Using Filezilla, check contents of following location /usr/softcams Take screenshot and paste it here
    Check file permissions of all contents within that folder

Using Filezilla, check contents of following location /etc/tuxbox/config/ Take screenshot and paste it here

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu baniaz,

Thank you very much for your help. I spent all day yesterday trying to get the softcam working. Finally, I decided to reverse to image 5.0.007 with a back up. I could then populate the plugins list and download anything I wanted. First problem solved. But softcam was still down. I decided to go to network settings and as soon as I disabled DHCP (off) I cleared the channels. I got two routers in the house and maybe that's why I needed DHCP off. But sometimes still goes scramble and I need to change nameserver second line to 0.0.0.0. Still. Strange. What I can't get myself around in EPG. Why is OpenTV list empty?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    always use fixed ip for box and set gateway and first DNS the same address to your routers LAN address.Second GW 0.0.0.0 .Works fine here. This way the box always looks at the same router.

Be carefull with what you post because if you have legale subscription channels should open without internet connection
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    As you are not answering questions that were asked of you or performing tasks requested, it is going to be difficult to assist further. Questions are asked to help people. Saves you time.

I am presuming that you were being affected with the issue where the receiver tries to connect to Google's DNS server to test connectivity and fails this owing to the way your network is setup. Your usage of an old image that does not have the modification avoids this check. There was a thread elsewhere where this was being discussed, rather than provide usable suggestions that could be implemented, some people took to non-constructive criticism.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    As you are not answering questions that were asked of you or performing tasks requested, it is going to be difficult to assist further. Questions are asked to help people. Saves you time.

I am presuming that you were being affected with the issue where the receiver tries to connect to Google's DNS server to test connectivity and fails this owing to the way your network is setup. Your usage of an old image that does not have the modification avoids this check. There was a thread elsewhere where this was being discussed, rather than provide usable suggestions that could be implemented, some people took to non-constructive criticism.

Hi abu baniaz,

Sorry for not replying to your suggestion and performing your checks but I had multiple problems and finally I decided to use a backup and restore a previous image. I didn't mean to ignore your response. I don't know what modification you are referring to where the latest image fails to perform a check. Could you please post link to the thread so I can have a look? And does anybody know why I have OpenTV EPG list empty? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast