Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ Duo2 Faulty Internal Flash Memory?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    When the box crashes/hangs can you connect to it using telnet and issue the command dmesg

Title
    Thanks
    Never tried that. Next time it does it or I have to reboot and it sticks on the vu+ logo I'll try.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Update.....After my last message I just left it my Duo2 and it worked fine but I couldn't reboot without it sticking on boot screen therefore no updates etc. It worked for over 2 weeks. Then it came up with an error. So I tried to install purE2 image. When running that I could reboot and I also tried updating via the online update via the duo and it worked fine? I couldn't get round the interface on the purE2 though and loads of it was in German even though English was selected. So I've updated to the latest version of Vix again (yesterday) Can't understand what's happening as it doesn't make sense?
    Last edited by steevieboy4u; 18-03-19 at 12:55.

Title
    Thanks
    I was going to wait for the latest online update to appear and see if I could do it. But curiosity got the better of me so I've just rebooted my box....... And it's rebooted fine and not got stuck on logo screen. Literally all I've done to sort it was install PureE2 image do an online update to see if it worked, it did and rebooted fine. So then did a USB install of the latest VIX image and now it appears to be working fine again, or at least it will now reboot without sticking on the logo screen. Really confused but happy it appears to be ok again......Only time will tell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steevieboy4u For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-03-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12